diy solar

diy solar

Solar panels for Bluetti EB 150

shine

I bought a Bluetti EB 150 - PV max input 500 watts, voltage range 16 - 60 Vdc. max current - 10 amps.
The "perfect" solar panel setup would be (2) 250 watt panels in parallel...(500 watts, 50 volts @ 10 amps) such panels do not exist.
So I found (proposing) (2) 200 watt, 24 volt Peimar panels in series ....So then I would have ... 400 watts, 48 volts @ 8.33 amps.
Is this correct? and the best options for the Bluetti EB150? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Why are you starting a new thread asking the Same question??
So called "24V" 200 watt panels have a Voc greater than 24V so 48V total is not correct. What is the Voc of those panels?
I would Guess 37Voc but you somehow got the amps so look up the Voc on the 200w panels

If you read my post in your previous thread you would see that your EB150 probably has a 16V to 67V max input depending on when you bought it.

Forbisher........Well Well, first it is not the same question!! If you read the initial post I was asking about the availability of 250 watt 50 volt panels. conclusion: not available....second post asking about different set up. 2-200 watt panels. I just bought the bluetti so you are wrong about the 16V - 67V max input. It is 16 - 60 V. is the max input. If it bothers you so much to respond to persons of much less experience or knowledge then save yourself the stress and do not respond. thank for the input.

Forbisher....... I just bought the bluetti so you are wrong about the 16V - 67V max input. It is 16 - 60 V. is the max input. If it bothers you so much to respond to persons of much less experience or knowledge then save yourself the stress and do not respond. thank for the input.
Did You personally test the 60V max input?
As tested by a certain white gloved lab coated reviewer the max input is about 67V before you get an error code and it stops charging.
Do you always believe what you read?
Bluetti has many inaccuracies online.

I just bought the bluetti so you are wrong about the 16V - 67V max input. It is 16 - 60 V. is the max input.

If it bothers you so much to respond to persons of much less experience or knowledge then save yourself the stress and do not respond. thank for the input.
60V is Not max input.
So for a final update on my Bluetti EB150 with six Renogy 100watt monocrystalline panels (two series of three then joined parallel). In full sun i'm getting 64 volts (manual says the overprotection charge kicks in at 67) and the Bluetti tops out at 545 watts when charging, and everything is working fine!
Thanks to all of you who have participated and pioneered in this thread and helped me immensely in sussing everything out!

Adam from Watkins Glen, New York

OK, here we go. My EB150 manual says 500 watts max solar input, 16-60 volts and 10 amps max. Period. End of story. Error code E017 will be triggered by an over voltage condition on the PV input. Nothing states what that value is, so I'm going to go with the manufacturer's guidance.

Is there going to be someone who says "yeah, but I charge at 8 kilo-volts and 2 mega-amps"? Why of course there will be, we're on the internet! Let's do this thing called being safe, protecting our equipment, and warranty by staying within the manufacturer's specs.

The best configuration I could find after much research was 3x Newpowa NPA160S-12H in series. Voc (volts open circuit)19.83 volts (multiplied by 3 = 59.49 volts, just under the 60 volt limit of the original EB150). Isc (amps at short circuit) 9.75 amps (just under the 10 amp limit of the EB150). 467.9 watts theoretical max output for he array itself using Newpowa's data sheet figures of 16.67 Vmp (voltage at max power) and 9.33 Imp (amps at max power) . Now we factor in the minimum 88% efficiency of the EB150's charge controller, and we see a max of 411.7 watts charging power to the batteries.

If my solar conditions were so perfect I could get over 400 watts actual charging power with the above configuration, for the supposed peak 4.13 "sun hours" in my area, I'd put on a kilt and dance an Irish jig, because I would be able to fully charge a depleted EB150 on a single sunny day. That said, let's consider a few things:
1. It's a pretty rare situation where I'm going to fully deplete my EB150 in a single day.
2. The average 4.13 peak sun hours are peak sun hours. I will in fact get some degree of output from the array during all daylight hours. The shortest day of my year is just over 9.5 hours (from sunrise to sunset), and I'll estimate I get 5.5 hours of usable sunlight (some degree of output) on that day.
3. For my usage, I have over 3 days of autonomy with the above configuration. Your needs may vary.
4. If you need more capacity, figure out what that amount would be and sell your EB150 to replace it with something larger. I am considering this as I write since I really want to be able to run a table saw (1800 watts) which my EB150 will not power.

Last edited:
I have the EB-150 and am told it has a maximum input of about 500W. But, I have a variety of different panels: 1 50W, 2 120W, a Dokio foldable 300W, and 1 160W. I have the 50W, 150W, and the Dokia 300W panel hooked in parallel, showing almost 20V. But, my EB-150 only gets 150W of input power. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a better configuration? Can you run different wattage solar panels in series?

60V is Not max input.
So for a final update on my Bluetti EB150 with six Renogy 100watt monocrystalline panels (two series of three then joined parallel). In full sun i'm getting 64 volts (manual says the overprotection charge kicks in at 67) and the Bluetti tops out at 545 watts when charging, and everything is working fine!
Thanks to all of you who have participated and pioneered in this thread and helped me immensely in sussing everything out!

Adam from Watkins Glen, New York
Can you tell my why I'm only getting 150W of input from 510W of solar panels run in parallel (50W + 160W + 300W Dokia foldable) on a hot Florida sunshiny day?

Hopefully you've found out by now. This is the weird way that linking mismatched panels works. Series increases the voltage (of the lowest voltage panel) and parallel increases the current (according to the lowest powered panel). It's why you never want to be lopsided in your series or parallel panel configurations. There's lots of post/vids on it but the phsyics of it makes my head hurt and it feels like what you are doing should work. There are charge controllers that will run seperate lines of solar and charge independently OR you can use seperate charge controllers connected to the same battery. Neither of these options really works for the bluetti. :(

Back