diy solar

diy solar

solar pond areator

mike1980

hello, new to this forum, watched tons of Wills videos, very helpful but thought I ask for help here.
So I have a 1/3 acre pond about 6-10 feet deep. I build a 400 watt solar aerator.
4 x 400 watt Renogy panels in parallel
200ah Renogy agm battery
40amp pwm charge controller
400 watt inverter Jupiter from harbor freight.
Matala air pump that takes 63 watts continuously and is set to run 24h.

Panels are right next to the battery and I run 10awg wire to charge controller then from there to battery with 40amp fuse in between. The question is: I want to put a low voltage disconnect between the battery and power inverter to save the battery from going below 50%, I already wasted 1 battery in a year by draining it way to low. The PWM charge controller had a disconnect set at 11.5 volts and the inverter was hooked up to 12v terminals at the PWM charge controller. This time the inverter is connected to the battery and I would like to put this LVD in:

CZH-LABS LVD Low Voltage Disconnect Module. (12V / 30Amp).

https://www.amazon.com/CZH-LABS-Vol...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
It can be found on Amazon for $25. Has a cut off voltage at 12.1 volts.
I'm new to solar and have limited knowledge, would this work?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Well according to numerous charts AGM battery SOC 50% is 12.05 and 12.15 is 60%. So 12.1 is in the ball park of 50% or a little more. Do I understand this correctly? What LVD do you recommend then if you say I can do better. Like I said I'm new to this.

Back