diy solar

diy solar

Solar pump inverter to power a vfd

Dunkirk

I live offgrid on a farm. I have a 7.5kw solar pump inverter connected to 12kw array of panels. I recently acquired a silage baler that has a 5.5kw and 0.5kw motor within it. These motors work intermittently controlled by a vfd inverter within the control panel of baler. I would like to use the 3ph solar pump controller to provide power to the baler which is also 3ph. Will this work? What precautions should I take?

Solar direct water pumping application?

A spec sheet on the solar pump inverter would be helpful.

Solar direct water pumping application?

A spec sheet on the solar pump inverter would be helpful.
I cant locate a spec sheet. However the solar pump inverter is veichi 7.5kw inverter. It receives DC power at 700v Voc from solar array and converts this to 380v ac 3ph to power the pump directly. Being a solar vfd, it varies pump frequency according to amount of insolation. Can this be used to supply 3ph power to a baler that comes equiped with its own 3ph inverter ( designed to be supplied from mains electricity, which I dont have) to control motor operations within it.

I cant locate a spec sheet. However the solar pump inverter is veichi 7.5kw inverter. It receives DC power at 700v Voc from solar array and converts this to 380v ac 3ph to power the pump directly. Being a solar vfd, it varies pump frequency according to amount of insolation. Can this be used to supply 3ph power to a baler that comes equiped with its own 3ph inverter ( designed to be supplied from mains electricity, which I dont have) to control motor operations within it.
I've never tried such a thing but I don't think I would. I'd be concerned that the solar pump inverter wouldn't be able to keep a steady 380V when the baler load changed, particularly in variable solar conditions. I'd reach out to Veichi it if it was me.

Back