diy solar

diy solar

Solaredge screenless SK10k. switch from ethernet to wifi.

koutroul

Hello
I tried scanning the QR code of my Se10K SetApp screenless inverter using mysolaredge app and found that its in Ethernet mode and cable is not connected.
How can I switch to WiFi and will it connect automatically back to the last saved WiFi network or will I need to configure it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_145151_mySolarEdge.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_145151_mySolarEdge.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
As far as I know, it only has wired Ethernet connectivity. When you are provisioning the inverter, you turn on the Wi-Fi, and then use your phone with SetApp to connect to the network that the Inverter provides, allowing you to connect to the device and configure things and monitor operation.

But, for normal operation, the inverter uses the hard-wired Ethernet connection to connect to your network, and then ultimately to SolarEdge to report system operational info, alarms, etc.

IOW, the wi-fi is only used for provisioning, and the inverter is providing a "hot spot" to access its network, and not as a client accessing your network.

Powr down the inverter, including the AC breaker and DC disconnect. Wait 5 or 10 minutes and turn everything back on. It should reboot back to normal.

Powr down the inverter, including the AC breaker and DC disconnect. Wait 5 or 10 minutes and turn everything back on. It should reboot back to normal.
it didnt work. i turned everything on after 10 mins but just green light is blinking. i dont have admin access so i cant usr mysolaredge to change connection type from ethernet to wifi.

As far as I know, it only has wired Ethernet connectivity. When you are provisioning the inverter, you turn on the Wi-Fi, and then use your phone with SetApp to connect to the network that the Inverter provides, allowing you to connect to the device and configure things and monitor operation.

But, for normal operation, the inverter uses the hard-wired Ethernet connection to connect to your network, and then ultimately to SolarEdge to report system operational info, alarms, etc.

IOW, the wi-fi is only used for provisioning, and the inverter is providing a "hot spot" to access its network, and not as a client accessing your network.
no ethernet was used by the installer. just wifi although ethernet socket is just behind that wall. to conmect ethernet i must remove the screws and this might void warranty...

it didnt work. i turned everything on after 10 mins but just green light is blinking. i dont have admin access so i cant usr mysolaredge to change connection type from ethernet to wifi.
Do you know the IP address it thinks it’s connected to? Can you enter that IP address in Safari or Chrome on your phone and connect that way?

I was wrong, it looks like there is Ethernet, RS-485, Wi-Fi, Cellular, and zigbee connection, which are accessible on the communication board. Mine was hard-wired. All the methods are detailed clearly in the installation manual, and seem pretty easy to do. Here's a copy of chapter 7 from the one that I had found...

Attachments

• se-storedge-single-phase-inverter-with-setapp-installation-guide.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Do you know the IP address it thinks it’s connected to? Can you enter that IP address in Safari or Chrome on your phone and connect that way?
i can see from the router the last IP it had and MAC address when it was connected to the router over WiFi. However now I can see that it swicthed to LAN and I domt have rights through the app on my phone to swtch connection type from LAN back to WiFi (and to select an SSIS and password if it does not remember or have it as default SSID to connect to).

I dont have admin rights in the app, just view only and I can see that connection type is LAN and that its disconnected. The inverter is screenless.

Back