diy solar

diy solar

Solaris still in business??

Hi guys,

I ordered a bunch of racking from them, but have been trying to reach them since 10/5. No one has answered their phones or returned calls or emails… I’m about to dispute my charges

Hi guys,

I ordered a bunch of racking from them, but have been trying to reach them since 10/5. No one has answered their phones or returned calls or emails… I’m about to dispute my charges
I sure wish I had seen your post before placing an order with them! Can't get a single response. Filed a dispute today.

Did you get your order resolved?

I must admit I'm a bit confused by Solaris. I tried to contact them by email and by phone to get a quote for something in 2016, and they never replied to anything I sent. I didn't really think about it after that, but then in May of this year someone posted about getting ready to buy something from them (thread is here). I posted my experience and the poster (@RogerD ) indicated he has had no problem with them. I don't think I ever heard anything more about that purchase.

If you do a search of the forum for the term Solaris there do seem to be a number of people who've had issue with them.

I just noticed where their address is. It is only a few blocks from my daughter's house, and I'm going there today so I plan to drive by and look. Based on the Google Street View, they clearly don't have anything in stock. To the degree they actually sell stuff, it must almost all be drop-shipped from somewhere else.

Update on solaris-shop.com. As I mentioned, the address they list on their web page is very close to my daughter's home, so I went by there today. I actually got out of my car and walked around. There is no indication of such a business being at that address. There is a sign in front indicating a number of the businesses, but not Solaris. The address on the web page indicates "Suite 208", and I could not see any of the doors marked with such a suite. There was a central building that is a printing shop, and then there was a number of small businesses in a horseshoe shaped outer ring, like a strip mall. The middle building does have an outside stairwell up to a single unmarked door, and I suppose that could be suite 208.

Again, I know nothing about this company except that they did not respond to my repeated calls and emails in 2016. Based on what I've seen today and heard from others on the forum, I don't think I would be ordering anything from them.

Back