diy solar

diy solar

Solark 12k MPPT chasing optimal power

averagejoe13

I am slowly installing panels connected to Solark 12k. Right now it is 7 Jinko 410W panels all in series connected to the single MPPT input (so 2870W nominal). Overall it works, but after adding 3 panels to 4 I installed earlier, I noticed something weird - it looks like MPPT is struggling to settle on a single point. This happened on a clear sky day today while all panels are under full sun, no shading.

I am slowly building it out, trying different ways to mount, etc. As of right now 3 panels are mounted in a different spot quite a bit of distance from 4 I installed earlier. All 7 panels are pointing approximately to the same direction and at the same angle, but I did not made it precise. Could minor angle and/or direction in these 3 + 4 panels cause Solark's MPPT constantly chase voltage/current? Eventually, once I install them all, I will parallel and group them to be closer to each other, but I was wondering if I should be looking for some issue right now.

Graph below - notice how voltage and current constantly jumping in opposite direction between 1pm and 3:30pm - I did not see anything like that when I had just 4 panels hooked to the inverter. I have Solark configured to home load only, and the load is always above what PV currently can produce (and I also have battery hooked up for a rare occasion when both AC units cycle at the same time)

1719869326580.png

It could be the MPPT but did you try switching in to the second one?
If the problem is still there then my first guess just looking at the graphs is that you have a bad wiring connection in the string or a defective panel.

diy solar

diy solar
Back