diy solar

diy solar

Solark 15k DIY Grid Tie Design with 200A disconnect and Manual Bypass - all grounds and neutrals to main

This said, the closed loop communication is only supported up to 15 batteries at this time, beyond that goes back to voltage-based control (open loop). This will be changing in the future but not without add-on hardware. It is purely a limitation of how many DIP switches there are (and thereby respective RS485 addresses).
Do you see anywhere in the future where mixing battery brands will have that limitation lifted or addressed too, so they can all be closed loop?

Do you see anywhere in the future where mixing battery brands will have that limitation lifted or addressed too, so they can all be closed loop?
I can promise I'm not buying other brands and working on any form of testing with them. I have some ideas that work with existing batteries in the pipeline.

This is very similar to a set up I'm trying to design, although it's looking like I'll need two SolArk 15's. (400 amp service). My question is, why the transfer switch? Doesn't the inverter do that for you? It will feed 200 amps pass through right?

This is very similar to a set up I'm trying to design, although it's looking like I'll need two SolArk 15's. (400 amp service). My question is, why the transfer switch? Doesn't the inverter do that for you? It will feed 200 amps pass through right?
Because if my Sol Ark fails it defaults to off (safety feature). No power to loads. The transfer switch allows me to bypass the Sol Ark and at least go back on grid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Chickenstick ,

Thanks for this thread and excellent wiring diagram, very helpful to my planning.

Do you think the generator could be added to the grid side of the 2-way bypass? On the Sol-Ark, I think this would require the generator input be moved from gen to grid side input but am not sure.

The house could be powered from either grid or generator in bypass mode.

So if ever the inverter is down and the grid is down you can still power the house from either source until the inverter is repaired. Would this be possible do you think? It would save the expense and wiring complexity of putting in two bypasses, one for grid and one for generator.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Alastair

Back