diy solar

diy solar

Solark 15k setting no battery won’t power loads on grid

jarred125

I finally have my system up, sort of.

Following the Solark 30 minute video they indicate to check the “no battery” option if you, indeed, have no battery. We are grid tied, and when checking that setting the system won’t power any loads from the grid or PV. Disabling that setting brings power back but it is apparently in bypass mode (normal LED is off).

Attached is my current view of the LCD. Any help is appreciated, Solark is currently closed so no support at the moment.

Edit for future people: Be patient, when moving to no battery mode the SolArk takes about 5 minutes after a reboot (you won't have power). You will then hear a click, the load side should now be energized (you can check the buss bars connecting to the load breaker to verify) and you can turn on the breaker.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpeg
    IMG_1161.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Are you ever seeing PV power? If not, did you verify polarity?
On the LCD itself no, but testing the terminals I have around 285V on the first two MPPTs and 240ish on the third (6 panels own that and 7 on the first two).

As far as the LCD it was showing kW usage earlier and now (after changing that battery setting and then back) it is not.

Ugh I am so sorry I posted this in general. I did it from my phone without paying much attention. I am going to post in the technical support area, my apologies!

For future reference in case anyone comes across the same thing I did, you just need to be patient.

Setting the no battery option, along with the power cycle takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. This (I think) is due to the "you're on grid, we must test everything" scenario. Anyways, Sol-Ark support is fantastic and got me up and producing within a few minutes of the call. I have since then ordered 2 EG4 batteries.

Setting the no battery option, along with the power cycle takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. This (I think) is due to the "you're on grid, we must test everything" scenario. Anyways, Sol-Ark support is fantastic and got me up and producing within a few minutes of the call. I have since then ordered 2 EG4 batteries.
It has to do a reboot to change modes. Not a matter of "you're on grid", it is testing and configuring everything. Annoying that it has change modes to remove/add battery. But I'm not an inverter programmer.

It has to do a reboot to change modes. Not a matter of "you're on grid", it is testing and configuring everything. Annoying that it has change modes to remove/add battery. But I'm not an inverter programmer.
Correct, the only thing I am noting is just for the difference between the default mode (almost instant pass-thru mode) vs the no battery mode which sits for about 5 minutes. :)

Just if you're initially impatient like me (or worried you hosed something).

diy solar

diy solar
Back