diy solar

diy solar

Solark smart load

kelvinfpv

I have a Sol-ark 15k set up for off grid with 5 eg4 ll's and a 14Kw generator. We have a LP water heater and an electric in front of it. I have it set to kick on at 95% and off at 90. 6000w solar. My problem is it kicks on when they reach 95 and completely ignores the solar requirement. At 3 am the generator ran, WH kicked on right at the tail end of the generator running, continues to run pulling batteries down to 90. On top of that in all that chaos it tripped the DC breaker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_074359_PV Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_074359_PV Pro.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3
According to the manual (page 35):

Solar Watts is for on Grid
A. The system waits to turn on smart load until enough PV power is produced (when on grid)

I suggest using the Limiter parameter to set Charge limit to 89%. That way the Generator cuts off before the low end of electric water heater.

Last edited:
According to the manual (page 35):

Solar Watts is for on Grid
A. The system waits to turn on smart load until enough PV power is produced (when on grid)

I suggest using the Limiter parameter to set Charge limit to 89%. That way the Generator cuts off before the low end of electric water heater.
Ok. I assumed sense I had generator coming in on grid lug, that ment on grid. It's all very confusing when solark considers grid to mean generator (as in, grid charge settings) and grid to only mean grid as is this case. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Back