diy solar

diy solar

Solartouch Solar APP

Islandman Solar

Hi all,
Today's daft questions from a newbie.
I have just had a new system installed on/in my home in the Isle of Wight UK. My installers are less than helpful and not very professional. They have left without a proper hand-over and they are reluctant to supply any documentation or manuals for the system. My dumb questions today relate to the user solar apps.
I have a Skyline inverter S5/120 with 10kWh storage. The recommended app is Solar Touch.
So my questions are;
  1. I guess that solar inverters may not have a common software protocol and therefore the access apps are proprietary? That is, the end user is restricted to one app for their specific inverter? So, does anyone know if there's a user manual for the Solar Touch app?
  2. Although my Solar Touch app uses my home Wi-Fi for access to the inverter, the app on my phone still connects when I'm away from home. I haven't configured remote access. So, how does the app still connect?
  3. I've changed the password on my Wi-Fi router. Is this enough to safeguard against unwanted access? I'm concerned that my installer can access my system remotely (I did catch him sitting in his van outside my home and I'm curious to why he was there).
  4. My installer didn't seem to have first hand knowledge of solar inverters and he spent all day talking to a helpline. He said the helpline may access the system overnight. Again, how do I safeguard against unwanted access from the web?
Thanks in advance for help and support found here.
Cheers
Trevor

Hi all,
Today's daft questions from a newbie.
I have just had a new system installed on/in my home in the Isle of Wight UK. My installers are less than helpful and not very professional. They have left without a proper hand-over and they are reluctant to supply any documentation or manuals for the system. My dumb questions today relate to the user solar apps.
I have a Skyline inverter S5/120 with 10kWh storage. The recommended app is Solar Touch.
So my questions are;
  1. I guess that solar inverters may not have a common software protocol and therefore the access apps are proprietary? That is, the end user is restricted to one app for their specific inverter? So, does anyone know if there's a user manual for the Solar Touch app?
  2. Although my Solar Touch app uses my home Wi-Fi for access to the inverter, the app on my phone still connects when I'm away from home. I haven't configured remote access. So, how does the app still connect?
  3. I've changed the password on my Wi-Fi router. Is this enough to safeguard against unwanted access? I'm concerned that my installer can access my system remotely (I did catch him sitting in his van outside my home and I'm curious to why he was there).
  4. My installer didn't seem to have first hand knowledge of solar inverters and he spent all day talking to a helpline. He said the helpline may access the system overnight. Again, how do I safeguard against unwanted access from the web?
Thanks in advance for help and support found here.
Cheers
Trevor
I have similar problems but no solurion
I have found this

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back