diy solar

diy solar

Solax battery not charging. Going back to grid

Huddsgirl

56F10E85-FFAE-40E6-82DE-A3F278185287.pngEveryday our battery gets charged for a certain amount of time in the morning then it just stops and battery shows 0%. All energy then goes to the grid.
I have contacted Solax and they say there can is no issue with the battery, it must be the settings. I’m confused to which setting it could be?!! I’ve checked all our charge and discharge times and it doesn’t tally up with the times that the battery is not taking on any charge .
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

So the Sola phone App is working and can use and check Settings.

On the Solax App:

Tap the centre icon will go to your inverter(s) if you have more than one Solax inverter
for Solar/Batteries Hybrid model or Solax AC inverter model for Batteries only

Tap the top right blue Gear Cog icon to
view the settings for:
Basic Setting
Advanced setting (Password required)
If you do not have it look up Solax Password

Take it you have Solax Hybrid X1 model inverter

Do you know if your on “Self Use” Mode?

If so check the charge/discharge Time Periods

Download your manual for specific Solax inverter if you do not have one.

The battery is at 0% not good the Default is 10%

Who installed the Solax system they should of configured it when installing

Hi thanks for replying.
The battery is not at 0% it was at 12% in the morning and starts to charge , then it gets to late morning, stops charging and shows 0% then it begins charging again randomly.
And we have no advanced settings anywhere! Not on the app or the unit itself. I went in the loft and checked today.
It is currently in self use mode.
I’ve attached a picture of the battery charge graph , it looks like this everyday.

Attachments

• A5DDB9FD-151E-400E-9E93-2DE280F25FE5.png
    A5DDB9FD-151E-400E-9E93-2DE280F25FE5.png
    670.6 KB · Views: 5
What Solax inverter do you have?
You have one single solax battery LFP Master T5.8kW as showing 115 volts for single battery

My Master and Slave show as 230 volts for 2 batteries

My Solax inverters charged about 14% today
from 86% to 100% In Cheshire after early morning charge on Octopus Go TOU period 0030-0355 hrs to charge from 47% to 100%

Check “Work Mode” if you are in “Self Use” Mode
Check if Charge and Discharge Time Periods
are listed

Check under “Setting” as well what variables are available

Think you have Solax Hybrid model

Different from Solax X1 Boost for PV Array and Solax X1 AC model for Batteries only

What Solax inverter do you have?
You have one single solax battery LFP Master T5.8kW as showing 115 volts for single battery

My Master and Slave show as 230 volts for 2 batteries

My Solax inverters charged about 14% today
from 86% to 100% In Cheshire after early morning charge on Octopus Go TOU period 0030-0355 hrs to charge from 47% to 100%

Check “Work Mode” if you are in “Self Use” Mode
Check if Charge and Discharge Time Periods
are listed

Check under “Setting” as well what variables are available

Think you have Solax Hybrid model

Different from Solax X1 Boost for PV Array and Solax X1 AC model for Batteries only
Will get hubby to check when he gets home. I’ve looked at all the settings numerous times ??‍♀️?

?? Great

You must realise in Winter less solar to charge battery unless you are on Time of Use tariff like Octopus Go for cheap off-peak charging.

Spring and Summer will make your battery shine towards saving money from not importing Grid power.

Hope all goes well in the future with the solar/battery setup.

Back