diy solar

diy solar

*SOLD* Complete off-grid solar setup in Washington State

Metaloon

Selling a complete off-grid solar setup. Over 1800 W of panels, 7.2 kWh of LiFePO4 battery storage with smart battery management system, 2000W inverter, DC refrigerator/freezer, and associated hardware & cabling. Selling because we now have grid power and don't need it any more.

-5 315W Longi LR6-60HPH-315M panels & 1 310W Longi LR6-60HPH-310M panel (practically identical specs, needed one more than the supplier had in stock)

-Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 Solar Charge Controller 12/24VDC at 50a

- 8 3.2V EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 cells & associated hardware. We had them arranged 8S to create a 280Ah 25.6V pack, but it's currently dismantled for ease of storage.

-100A Xiaoxiang 8S BMS with bluetooth module

-Giandel 2000W 24VDC to AC 120VAC Pure Sine Wave Inverter

-Nova Kool RFU9000 DC Refrigerator/Freezer 12/24VDC

-Midnite Solar MNDC-GFP63 63A 150VDC ground fault protector

-Meanwell HRP-600-24 power supply. We had this for any emergency need for generator power. Never ended up using it. If you plan on regularly charging from a generator you'd want something larger.

-Cables, fuses, fuse box, circuit breaker, etc.

This system was designed for year-round use in a small cabin. It is substantially over-paneled to allow recharge on gray winter days. It will allow lights, fridge, and a computer or two even in the darkest part of the year without generator use. In the summer it's enough power for anything reasonable that you can come up with, including power tools, a small AC unit, and whatever else you need. Would be great for an RV or a cabin, year-round or seasonal use.

Located in northeastern Washington State, but can deliver pretty much anywhere in the PNW. There's friends we wouldn't mind visiting in Portland, Boise, Revelstoke, & Bellingham, so if you're anywhere along the route to one of those places I'm sure we can make it work. As near as I can tell, the retail value of everything is about $5000. Asking $4k $3500, open to offers if it ends up sitting on here for too long. If you're interested in individual components, feel free to PM me with offers, but I'd much prefer to sell everything at once.

Attachments

• 20231010_111610.jpg
    20231010_111610.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231010_111729.jpg
    20231010_111729.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231005_082904(1).jpg
    20231005_082904(1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why the sell off?
We were always planning to run power to a future house site, and it ended up making sense to put a second meter where the cabin is. Now that the cabin is on the grid, there's not much sense in keeping the system.

Our power prices are so low that (once you factor in the purchase of PUD-approved equipment to tie-in) net metering never pays off.

What will you do for power when you have a power outage that could last a day or weeks or... months?

How much of your power bill would you reduce if you kept the system off grid and just paid the grid connection fee?

Not hassling you because you went on grid but most people here are trying to do the opposite and produce their own power.

We were always planning to run power to a future house site, and it ended up making sense to put a second meter where the cabin is. Now that the cabin is on the grid, there's not much sense in keeping the system.

Our power prices are so low that (once you factor in the purchase of PUD-approved equipment to tie-in) net metering never pays off.
Lol! I'm in the process of installing my solar just AFTER the grid got connected.

What will you do for power when you have a power outage that could last a day or weeks or... months?
No worries, I get those kind of questions all the time. Generally our power outages are in the half-day range, in which case we'll just go do something outside. For anything longer, we've got a generator, various battery-powered lights, and a smaller RV system that could run anything absolutely essential.

Our grid power is very local hydro, which helps with any fear of apocalyptic-type scenarios, as well as any moral issues. For us it's not a choice between solar panels and helping some coal executive, or even a for-profit power company. The power is generated and supplied by the local public utility district.

If we were just sticking to the cabin it'd be one thing, but I ran the numbers for staying off-grid for our future projects, and we'd be spending the same amount of money and way more effort to have fewer capabilities and way higher ongoing costs. Solar panel and battery degradation would end up costing us more per kwh than we pay the PUD.

Too bad everything from Mud Mountain is going to the bitcoin miners at tge old Newport News building in Usk. ?
Writing is on the wall for them as far as I've heard. They successfully bought a county commissioner or two, but the PUD never gave them quite the sweetheart deal that they wanted. With current crypto prices they can't make a profit on market-rate power, so hopefully they'll be gone soon. The tribe almost beat them out on the last bankruptcy auction, so hopefully they'll get another shot at it.

Back