diy solar

diy solar

Solis App disagrees with Octopus

aerm

New poster here. Solis 3.6kW Hybrid 5g Inverter with PV and grid power from Octopus. I'm realising the app has problems but can anyone help me on two questions:

The power recorded by Octopus is always exactly 3 times the "Imported" figure reported by Solis. Presumably a systemic error? I could live with it but would prefer to know why it is consistently wrong.​
There seems to be no correlation between the Generation figures reported by Solis app (Total/Imported/Self Use/Discharge) and figures reported by my PV meter (emlite EML 22). Makes it hard to work our how much I am winning/losing via the system.​

Grateful for any comments

Thanks Simon - good to know it can work properly. Now all I need to do is find out what's wrong with my settings.

New poster here. Solis 3.6kW Hybrid 5g Inverter with PV and grid power from Octopus. I'm realising the app has problems but can anyone help me on two questions:

The power recorded by Octopus is always exactly 3 times the "Imported" figure reported by Solis. Presumably a systemic error? I could live with it but would prefer to know why it is consistently wrong.​
There seems to be no correlation between the Generation figures reported by Solis app (Total/Imported/Self Use/Discharge) and figures reported by my PV meter (emlite EML 22). Makes it hard to work our how much I am winning/losing via the system.​

Grateful for any comments
There was an app update earlier in the year so it’s worth checking if you have the latest version. Monitoring on some systems can be disturbed by surrounding equipment

Back