diy solar

diy solar

Solis hybrid inverter won't connect to seplos BMS battery

beachgazer

Hi, despite showing battery information on the information display my inverter won't allow any connection to the battery even on lead acid mode. The inverter was originally fitted without a battery and works fine as does the battery output and BMS reporting. Other issue is I get a can null readout on the inverter but still reports SOC! It's like it's working fine just not connecting, have I missed something?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• inverter 1.jpg
    inverter 1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 27
Solis 5G only works with a small set of battery/bms which would be listed in the battery selection menu. I have never run in LA mode but a guess is it just displays the values entered and is using the voltage to guess at SOC.

What batteries are you using and what type of connection CAN or RS485 for the BMS communications?

Solis 5G only works with a small set of battery/bms which would be listed in the battery selection menu. I have never run in LA mode but a guess is it just displays the values entered and is using the voltage to guess at SOC.

What batteries are you using and what type of connection CAN or RS485 for the BMS communications?
Hi, Seplos is reputed to work well with Solis, several experiences reported on these boards. Tried several Can connections including pylontech which should work but doesn't. LA mode doesn't work either "no Battery" reported but should as it doesn't have CAN input. I'm coming to the conclusion this side of the inverter may have a fault. Any ideas are very welcome as I'm pretty frustrated with it. BG

Make sure you have the canbus wiring correct ( with termination resistors ) and the the model of your BMS has canbus support.

Also check to see in the Solis if it expects CAN or RS485 for the battery type selected, many are RS485 not Canbus for the communications list, you would have to look up the battery model to find out online.

No Battery is correct reported if there isn't communications active, and LA has no communications.

I suspect either your specific BMS doesn't have Canbus, or if it does it is not enabled or you have a wiring issue with your communications cable or you should be using RS485.

Very unlikely it is the inverter.

Hi everyone, finally got it to work using the pylontech Can setting and user defined battery settings. Not sure what I was doing wrong the last few days, but it suddenly worked. Thanks again for help and support.

Hi everyone, finally got it to work using the pylontech Can setting and user defined battery settings. Not sure what I was doing wrong the last few days, but it suddenly worked. Thanks again for help and support.
What BMS? Is it a DIY battery?

This is canbus wiring for solis inverter and seplos bms

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-041416_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-041416_Firefox.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20220903-195344_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-195344_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 118
Then set as pylontech tech according to seplos instructions

I have the same issue. Just built a system at home and although it works on user defined battery, the CAN communications is not working correctly.

I will update if I solve it.

I sold my Seplos bms now using JK BMS in lead acid mode been working great now for months

I have the same issue. Just built a system at home and although it works on user defined battery, the CAN communications is not working correctly.
What inverter and battery system / BMS do you have?

I sold my Seplos bms now using JK BMS in lead acid mode been working great now for months
Out of interest, is there any reason for your using of LA mode, rather than PylonLV, AoBo, or User-defined?

What inverter and battery system / BMS do you have?

Out of interest, is there any reason for your using of LA mode, rather than PylonLV, AoBo, or User-defined?
Seplos Mason, and Solis, 5G 5kilowatt hybrid. Slight update, the inverter says can okay, the battery only functions correctly in user-defined mode. Otherwise there is a battname error.

If I set the inverter to a aobo and the battery to sofar, everything connects, but irrespective of state of charge percentage, or whether we are in a night charging time, or not, the inverter tries to charge the battery at high current instantly.

It is almost as if the battery is communicating the wrong information and telling the inverter to force charge it.

OK - that makes more sense. I use user-defined mode for my DIY battery with custom CANBus interface. So, if you are using user-defined (rather than LA), there is nothing to gain from any other battery setting.

Interesting abut the charging at high current. When I first connected our battery, it charged at 3kW for about 10s, then discharged to grid the same, then repeated about 2kW and after 30s or so, then settled down - never done it again since. I do think there is some dodgy feedback software in the Solis RHI model.

diy solar

diy solar
Back