diy solar

diy solar

Solis oscillates over minutes - RAI-3K-48ES-5G

Behn66

Dear all,

i am unclear if I misconfigured my solis, or if the seen behavior is as is. kindly asking the experts.

When my pv is generating some small (<700w) overhead, then my solis starts charging the battery. Mode is self-use.
Problem is, it charges to heavy (beyond the 700w available) and then Solis takes power from grid. What happens next , the solis realises that negative from grid and instead of just stopping to charge or lower the charge it even discharges the batt to compensate.
as my pv already had 700w spare and then in Addition the discharge from the solis results in sending to much into grid.

well, you guess what Happens then. Solis stops discharging and goes for full power charging again and triggers above pain by charging to heavy…

this situation even persists over minutes…

actually I am experimenting with the ramp-rate setting, which was at default 600%. tomorrow morning I will see if my actual setting of 30% ramprate is any good.
using the II from mine seplos bms to enforce a small „discharge“ mitigated the issue. However Incan not always sit in front of mine pc and tryjng to compensate a messed-up control-loop by mangling the bms…

any feedback very much appreciated.

IMG_1732.jpeg

TADTS ;)

Seriously though... I noticed our Solis does get into an oscillation of power to and from grid when the solar input is closely matching the house load. Maybe happens for 15 to 20 mins at each end of the day. If there is ample solar or not enough, it is stable.

Assumed this is a bug in the Solis's feedback algorithm and would love to find a way to overcome it.

Where is the ramp-rate setting that you refer to - I couldn't find it... and did it resolve the issue? Thanks.

I have the same Solis inverter and 1 Fogstar rack battery, I don't have the exact same problem, but if I set overdischarge SOC to say 10% with ForceCharge SOC to 5% then if the battery drops to below 10% overnight while no charge period is set it will start the endless loop of grid charging to bring the SOC to 15 or16% then discharging into the house load until 10% then grid charging again.... you get the idea. As long as I keep SOC 15% or above its fine I had a firmware upgrade to 130010 but that didn't fix it. More recent additional Fogstar batteries means I don't now need to get close to or less than 15%, I hope ;)

Back