diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G inverter setup - finally working-ish

andynotts

Hi

Thought I would share my experience getting a Solis storage inverter working. I read a lot of posts here of people having issues with Solis inverters and thought I would share this in case it helps anyone.
My setup
Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G inverter (obviously)
48v 100ah battery with PaceBMS

10 x 405w Ja Solar panels
InfiniSolar V 6kw inverter (for the panels)

Acrel ACR10 3phase energy monitor (single phase, mains electricity)

The big 2 problems have been getting the PaceBMS to talk to the Solis inverter, honestly I gave up and it's set up as a lead acid battery, the charge from grid is limited to just under 2.5kw but that's fine.

The other problem was getting the Acrel meter to talk to the Solis inverter. The meter shipped with a configuration address set to 005 and needs to be 001. Also I had Solis tech support on email all day and went through 2 firmware updates, the first got the CT clamp connected to the solar inverter feed registering the second, may not have been needed.

Also in the Solis needed the meter set to type 3 phase, I thought since I was only monitoring a single phase that would have been correct but no.

Finally I now have this reporting which looks mostly accurate. The exported today is way off but I will see how that looks tomorrow.

1703866029723.png

I have similar system. I got Solis to get mine working by changing some inverter settings, but they didn;t tell me what they did! Main issue now is that my 'Load' circle is greyed out and not showing a real-time figure. Any ideas? Does anyone know how if there's any way to edit the schematic display??

There's no option for changing the display, it should be automatic. The figures shown on the App and website are a snapshot of an reading taken every five minutes. Because of that it can often show odd figures. It is best to look at the figures on the inverter itself which are updated every few seconds.

Also the CT clamp that detects the load isn't very good at detecting anything under 200W, so if you have a light load it often shows as zero.

Also the CT clamp that detects the load isn't very good at detecting anything under 200W, so if you have a light load it often shows as zero
Do you have an Acrel or Eastron meter? My Acrel one seems reasonably accurate and similar to the measurements detected by another CT clamp for my emonPi.

Do you have an Acrel or Eastron meter? My Acrel one seems reasonably accurate and similar to the measurements detected by another CT clamp for my emonPi.
I have an Acrel. It's not too bad on import, maybe 20% out, but what my inverter reports for export and what my main meter logs are very different. A lot higher on the meter. So far this month my inverted has recorded 16.8kWh exported and my meter readings show 33kWh.

I have tried everything to get my acel meter to work on my Solis 5g AC coupled unit. If I plug the acel into my solar inverter meter connection it works fine with com light flashing but when I plug into 5g unit then nothing. If somebody could tell me what pins on the plug connect to meter 2pin socket it would be helpfull

That info should be in the install manual - check that correct meter type and slave ID are also set on the Solis.

Back