diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3k-48ES-5G and FOX5200 battery not discharging

bwenno

After an update from Solis due to a 2015 alarm code the battery will not discharge.

I have a Fox5200 battery and a Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G invertor. I had some alarms in that reset themselves after some time. I contacted Solis and they changed a setpoint and did a firmware update. I noticed after that the battery had only charged and not discharged at all. I turned off the Solar array to force load to be 100% sure. Added various loads and contacted them to force a discharge but all failed. No alarms codes and all looks healthy.
Has anyone had this issue after an update?

I had two firmware updates on my RHI-3K-48ES-5G to fix 2015 alerts today. Everything does appear to still be working, but it didn't fix the alerts. My batteries are Pylon US2000Cs.

Someone else did report that they also had an upgrade this week and their battery will only discharge at about half the normal power.

Sorry this doesn't help you, but it does give a datapoint.

Doesn't sound good. What is a 2015 alert?

Out of interest, do Solis do updates without your permission? I don't have any data connections to them, so they can't with mine!

Doesn't sound good. What is a 2015 alert?
BMS Battery error - usually overvoltage when reaching 100% charge. The BMS is supposed to tell the inverter to throttle back the charge, but for some reason it sometimes goes too high.
Out of interest, do Solis do updates without your permission? I don't have any data connections to them, so they can't with mine!
No. They only update when you have asked them too or reported a problem that should be fixed by an update. If you have no data connections they will sometimes send you a stick to plug into the inverter where the datalogger would go which can update the inverter from USB.

BMS Battery error - usually overvoltage when reaching 100% charge. The BMS is supposed to tell the inverter to throttle back the charge, but for some reason it sometimes goes too high.
Gosh.. that's not good if the BMS is not triggering before the inverter hits its own overvoltage condition. Glad I made my own BMS-to-Solis comms and algorithm ;)?‍?

Check Battery Type in inverter setting, check voltage lower to less than 53v; possible firmware bug to match Pylontech battery voltage
That's already set to 52.5V on mine. It didn't help. It was 53.5V before the firmware upgrades.

No. They only update when you have asked them too or reported a problem that should be fixed by an update. If you have no data connections they will sometimes send you a stick to plug into the inverter where the datalogger would go which can update the inverter from USB.
How do you contact Solis to do an update on RAI-3K-48ES-5G is it by email or telephone I have pylon 5000.

How do you contact Solis to do an update on RAI-3K-48ES-5G is it by email or telephone I have pylon 5000.
Call their support line +44 151 453 6515 or raise a ticket on the Solis Support website.

My supplier called Solis for me when I was having problems, and they also upgraded the battery firmware although that can't be done remotely.

Back