diy solar

diy solar

Solis RHI-6K-48ES-5G with Seplos 200A and Eve 280ah

eniacs

Hi all, please see below battery photos. All up and running now and supplying our house from the battery, charging at night via cheap rate.

Still to do:
Mount 16 x 380w trina on the roof
Connect panels through to garage

Anyone thinking of going seplos/solis route it was a fairly easy way and seplos are very good at helping with any issues.

Initial findings on the solis inverter (ive got the 6kw output version) it doesnt actually put 6kw out from the battery. The output appears to refer to max of the AC out when panels are on. The battery will only do 100A, so about 5kw. Also although it chargers at 5kw, it doesnt seem to do it for very long and soon drops the level to about 3.6kw, the same with the discharge, it will do 5kw, but only for about 10 minutes, not sure if this is settings or just a factor of this unit.

20220409_160211_resized.jpg20220409_160217_resized.jpg20220409_160222_resized.jpg20220409_160157_resized.jpg20220409_160200_resized.jpg20220409_160145_resized.jpg20220409_160151_resized.jpg20220409_160208_resized.jpg20220408_182504_resized.jpg20220409_160154_resized.jpg

A little more progress today, I've mounted and connected the panels. It was a terrible misty morning and when the first half were connected (3.040kw) i only saw 0.02kw at the inverter. I thought i may have a duff panel or batch! Anyway later it perked up and i saw 3.5kw from both sets connected. Hope to see near full power in the next few days as we are expecting sun.

I've stopped the night time charge of the battery for tonight so hope we can be without grid power from now on!

20220411_182336_resized.jpg20220412_145708_resized.jpg20220412_145710_resized.jpg

Well all setup and been working for a few days. However, the battery high level charge point has been reached and the BMS cuts off, causing a high voltage alarm at the inverter. This shuts down the inverter for a few minutes while it thinks about it and sends me an email. It then starts up again and carries on.

Photo of setup:

20220413_101855_resized.jpg

Does anyone have experience of Solis? Is there a way around the alarm?

Well all setup and been working for a few days. However, the battery high level charge point has been reached and the BMS cuts off, causing a high voltage alarm at the inverter. This shuts down the inverter for a few minutes while it thinks about it and sends me an email. It then starts up again and carries on.

Photo of setup:

View attachment 91229

See this thread, look for post from CODA and GMXnow (last page), might be helpful

Hi all, please see below battery photos. All up and running now and supplying our house from the battery, charging at night via cheap rate.

Still to do:

Anyone thinking of going seplos/solis route it was a fairly easy way and seplos are very good at helping with any issues.

Initial findings on the solis inverter (ive got the 6kw output version) it doesnt actually put 6kw out from the battery. The output appears to refer to max of the AC out when panels are on. The battery will only do 100A, so about 5kw. Also although it chargers at 5kw, it doesnt seem to do it for very long and soon drops the level to about 3.6kw, the same with the discharge, it will do 5kw, but only for about 10 minutes, not sure if this is settings or just a factor of this unit.

View attachment 90728View attachment 90729View attachment 90730View attachment 90731View attachment 90732View attachment 90733View attachment 90734View attachment 90735View attachment 90736View attachment 90737
Thats a nice neat setup mate, well done! I've got a RHI 5K 5G with 17 x 390W on the roof. Still waiting for 32 x 230A/H batteries to be delivered to Sydney, Aus. Seplos 200A BMS ready to go, still looking for battery mounting ideas. I'm limited to 450mm deep shelving under inverter. Love your setup, very neat!

Photo of setup:

View attachment 91229

Set the battery to User-Defined, then set the Batt over voltage (2 of them) to higher than the BMS cutoff.

I think i've noticed it also uses this alarm code if the amps go outside of normal, but could be my software was throwing it out due to a bug.

Thats a nice neat setup mate, well done! I've got a RHI 5K 5G with 17 x 390W on the roof. Still waiting for 32 x 230A/H batteries to be delivered to Sydney, Aus. Seplos 200A BMS ready to go, still looking for battery mounting ideas. I'm limited to 450mm deep shelving under inverter. Love your setup, very neat!
There are all sorts of options of server cabinets available, not an easy fix as I had to strengthen the shelves to hold the weight of the cells. Alteratively there are some good ready made solutions from china now, but it may be too late for you to take that option. It was for me!

Still to do:

View attachment 90728View attachment 90729View attachment 90730View attachment 90731View attachment 90732View attachment 90733View attachment 90734View attachment 90735View attachment 90736View attachment 90737
Looking really good! I just installed the same inverter with a Seplos BMS as well, and noticed the drop in output too. After some minutes, the output drops to about 71 amps (3.6kwh) Did you find a way to get around it?

Hi camper,

Ive not found another way around this. Others have suggested it is down to heat so i tried a large cooling fan, but it made no difference. The inverter was cool to the touch, but it did exactly the same as normal. It peaks at 5kw for about 15 mins then ramps down to 3.8kw. Its just a crap inverter lol

Hi camper,

Ive not found another way around this. Others have suggested it is down to heat so i tried a large cooling fan, but it made no difference. The inverter was cool to the touch, but it did exactly the same as normal. It peaks at 5kw for about 15 mins then ramps down to 3.8kw. Its just a crap inverter lol
Thanks for the reply! What a bummer to hear... Was hoping it was just due to a setting I was missing. I contacted Solis and they obviously blame the BMS for not being officially compatible.

I was ready suspecting it to be temperature related, just didn't know for sure. Well in either case thank again! If in any case you do find a way around it, please let me know! Will do the same

I contacted solis and they confirmed the reduction was due to heat. However if you keep it cool it still powers down. Presume its built it in my version. Other people have had 5kw charging for several hours during cold months. Im not holding out hope for this, i have another plan. I will add an additional charger to charge from the grid direct to the battery.

I contacted solis and they confirmed the reduction was due to heat. However if you keep it cool it still powers down. Presume its built it in my version. Other people have had 5kw charging for several hours during cold months. Im not holding out hope for this, i have another plan. I will add an additional charger to charge from the grid direct to the battery.
I was already thinking of doing something similar. Just don't know what can be done to get higher discharge rates. Will have to figure something out I guess!

It sok for 15 mins at 5kw, so cooking etc is ok for heating up, but long term these inverters supply only 3.8kw... Think the next models should be able to be parralled.

Back