diy solar

diy solar

Solis - what do I have ?

Forty_Two

I have two sets of panels on two roof tops (5 panels and 3 Panels) and I have one 2.5kw battery
Screen clip 1
On 'device overview' screenshot I see two devices listed under Inverter SN . . . does that imply that I have one invertere for the 5 panel array and one inverter for the 3 panel array? Why is one showing zero?
Screen clip 2
On the 'energy in/out' screen shot the green hump suggests that my battery charging at 7am (when it is dark) and the blue hump suggests that I am exporting energy to the grid - is that correct? If it is correct why am I exporting energy to the grid when I want to use it in my home?

Attachments

• S Device Overview.png
    S Device Overview.png
    50 KB · Views: 6
  • S Energy_in_out.png
    S Energy_in_out.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 7
Another screenshot

This shows two bar charts . . . am I seeing two bar charts because I have two sets of panels? If so how do I know which chart replates to which set of panels (the 5 set or the 3 set) and again why is one generating zero?

Attachments

• S_energy.png
    S_energy.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 6
Looks like there are two inverters assigned to the Ginlong account, assuming the installer set that up, they should fix that and remove the one that doesn't match your installation.

On your solar, you only have 8 panels, so that would be a single series string to one mppt channel and likely very sub-optimal if the two roofs are not facing the same direction. The inverter does have two mppt channels, but the minimum working voltage is 150V

I assume this is your inverter

I have two set of panels 4 on an upper roof and 3 on a lower roof, both face due south.
According to the invoice I was cgarged for a Solis Single Phase Inverter S6-GRIP (".3-6)K that can be seen at the bottom of the attached pic, thereis also another white box aboce that and a smaller white box above that.

Attachments

• solis Inv.JPG
    solis Inv.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 7
Back