diy solar

diy solar

[Solved] Both charging the battery and sending power to the grid... at night

Ikkoru

This all started right after my fusebox was replaced.
  • The inverter (Solis S5-EH1P(3-6)K-L) started reporting a massively increased consumption (can be seen in the attached "Before-After" image);
  • It started heating up much more than before (bearably hot -> scalding hot);
  • At times it reports 0 kW consumption, but that it's both charging the battery and sending power to the grid even though the panels aren't generating that much energy (shown on the image with the display, note the direction of the arrow pointing to the grid. Also shown on the "Despair" image).
The electrician that did the replacement came back to check his work after I contacted him regarding this issue, but said "I’ve checked what I’ve done and all is present and correct as to how it was in old fuseboard" and "I also marked the mini CT meter for where black cables go so I didn’t get them mixed up before I took apart".

At this point I should be contacting the original installers, but they take months to get anything done, so I would like to ask if anybody knows what the problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Despair.png
    Despair.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Before-After.png
    Before-After.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5
Probably put the CT clamp back on the wrong way round so the inverter is reading import as export. Check the direction of the arrow on the clamp - should be on the live feed pointing towards the grid. You can remove the clamp and put it back the other way round, or there is a setting on the inverter to set it as reversed.

Probably put the CT clamp back on the wrong way round so the inverter is reading import as export. Check the direction of the arrow on the clamp - should be on the live feed pointing towards the grid. You can remove the clamp and put it back the other way round, or there is a setting on the inverter to set it as reversed.
Thanks, that solved it.

Back