diy solar

diy solar

Solved

RUN - there is a shenanigan going on there.
If using a CC some may request teh coverage of the CC Fee which is 2-5% pending on what card. PayPal comes with a fee (not big). I've sent TT BUT that was to the Company Account at a Canadian Bank Portal (NOT THESE GUYS BTW) which had a fee as I went in and did it at the bank in person. An After the Fact (quote given) they add new fees, RUN like the devil and don't look back. All of this should have been clearly & plainly explained prior to and respectable reputable vendors do lay it all out with options.

But I never imagined that his proposal was to pay his account directly to China, it is more to send money from a European account to a Chinese one is considered money laundering.

When the payment is made through Alibaba the money is sent to Luxembourg in euros.

Outside of the issue you're facing, the above is not entirely true. I have paid to vendors directly in China with a bank transfer without issues; this is not considered money laundering.

It turns out that if you want to buy through Alibaba you have to pay them a separate commission of 3%.

Was the original quote given through Alibaba? Alibaba does charge a % of each sale from the vendor. If you agreed in advance to order outside Alibaba, I can understand the reason to add the % back in when you then want to pay through Alibaba. It all depends on what you originally agreed on.

For example, one of my company suppliers in China has an Alibaba presence. The first orders I made through Alibaba to make sure he could deliver, and that quality was as expected. Once that was all good, and we did some due diligence on the factory, we set up a supply line outside Alibaba and the price dropped in part because the overhead Alibaba charged him was gone.

What do you think is right for me to pay the extra fee ?
Looks like you were talking with @Jenny Wu. She (and others from Docan) have done a lot of direct sales to forum members here (via PMs) based on the positive experiences posted in the Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21 thread.

When I ordered from her back in September, below is how the payment fees were presented to me:
Yes XXX cell is XXX USD per piece delivered. And we accept PayPal ( 5% PayPal fee need to be added) , wire transfer ( similar as bank fee) and Alibaba online order( add transaction fee).
... that seems consistent with what you're being told.

It stinks that your country imposes a fee on wire transfers directly to China. :(

Back