diy solar

diy solar

Someone Explain Growatt SPF4000-12000 DVM Off grid - L1 L01, L02, Protocol 51 what is diff

doityourself2021

I have a SPF 6000T- DVM and having issues, with three packs and correct BMS addresses.. Today for some reason the Growatt decided it did not like the L1 L01 51 Lithium BMS communications setting and went to Fault 20, and it was working fine for past month.. but today No, keep going to Fault 20 which on page 19 of the manual Program #5 tells you to select one of the four L1 L01,L1 L02, or L02, -L04 etc.. all the Protocols for this Growatt are 51.. so I selected L1 L02 51, and it began working again communicating with the 3 Packs, all in Parallel Pack 1 is master, Pack 2 & 3 are considered slaved.
I would like to know what is the differences between L01, L02-L04 etc.. all are Protocol 51 address and why did the Growatt say No more BMS on L01, but L02 ok, when it had been working with L01. however the Pack 3 SOC was not being kept up with proper charge amounts or in balance with Pack 1 master and Pack 2 slave.. etc.
Thanks in advance. Ric retired aircraft tech, DIY solar guy..

I have a SPF 6000T- DVM and having issues, with three packs and correct BMS addresses.. Today for some reason the Growatt decided it did not like the L1 L01 51 Lithium BMS communications setting and went to Fault 20, and it was working fine for past month.. but today No, keep going to Fault 20 which on page 19 of the manual Program #5 tells you to select one of the four L1 L01,L1 L02, or L02, -L04 etc.. all the Protocols for this Growatt are 51.. so I selected L1 L02 51, and it began working again communicating with the 3 Packs, all in Parallel Pack 1 is master, Pack 2 & 3 are considered slaved.
I would like to know what is the differences between L01, L02-L04 etc.. all are Protocol 51 address and why did the Growatt say No more BMS on L01, but L02 ok, when it had been working with L01. however the Pack 3 SOC was not being kept up with proper charge amounts or in balance with Pack 1 master and Pack 2 slave.. etc.
I wish I could help.

Drop the communications, set the inverter to USE mode and program your batteries absorb and float voltages into the inverter. It will work flawlessly this way and you won't experience any more issues.

No need to do that "shopman" The Growatt can communicate with LifePo4 Lithium with BMS boards.. just had to learn the mystery of why it doesn't. I has to do with Cat cable and RJ45 pin settings and the RS485 port of the Growatt to the RS485 port of the BMS battery port..

Hello, I also have the 12k inverter. I have been running on protocol 1 - 51 (BMS) for some reason it will not max charge past 50 amps for my batt pack of 6 of the 48v EG4 100amp batts. It used to allow me to change the value to 100 amps. If I try to change the protocol to anything else it shuts off and gives error 20 (bms comms) this is nuts 6 EG4 batts can take alot more than a measly 50 amps of charging power. The only thing I have done different is that I added 1 more battery. I changed all the dip switches. I really like the BMS communication with the Shine APP to see percent left of charge. Or else I would just switch to the manual program. (USE or USE2) Thanks Tom

Hello, I also have the 12k inverter. I have been running on protocol 1 - 51 (BMS) for some reason it will not max charge past 50 amps for my batt pack of 6 of the 48v EG4 100amp batts. It used to allow me to change the value to 100 amps. If I try to change the protocol to anything else it shuts off and gives error 20 (bms comms) this is nuts 6 EG4 batts can take alot more than a measly 50 amps of charging power. The only thing I have done different is that I added 1 more battery. I changed all the dip switches. I really like the BMS communication with the Shine APP to see percent left of charge. Or else I would just switch to the manual program. (USE or USE2) Thanks Tom

Here is a pic of todays graph. I have a bright sunny day (no clouds) my 6 batts are still not charged (and they were only down to 55% this AM)
I have 8000 watts of solar. To add insult the inverter even further derates the closer it gets to full lol. I will run out of solar today before they fully charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    222.5 KB · Views: 0
Back