diy solar

diy solar

Sorotec REVO II 5.5K-48 (Please Review)

Would you recommend the REVO II 5.5K-48 hybrid inverter for residential use from Sorotec?

• Yes

• No

• 80% Yes

• 80% No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello,
Has anyone tested the maximum PV array voltage that the SOROTEC REVO II can endure?
I have a setup of 12 panels (Trinasolar) 545W, with 37.7 max open circuit voltage.
My loss coefficient is around 15%.
The DC voltage on the PV array is around 380 Volts max.

My question is: can I add an additional 2 panels to the array, to obtain a total of 14 panels?

as per the datasheet, the REVO II supports up to 500VDC as open circuit voltage, while the MPPT Range at operating voltage is 120V-450VDC

Would appreciate any real life testimonials and experiences.

Thanks.

37.7 × 14 = 527.8
Do you really need to push it? Is it worth it?
well I have a loss factor of 15%, this means the inverter will receive around 448 V max. It is really worth it- specially in the winter, mainly because I have too much shadowing- my voltage drops so much during winter days.
In Summer, I also have shadowing but at a less amount than in winter.

Currently, my 12 panels produce a max of 370-380VDC at peak hours, this is why my loss factor is around 15% to 18%.

Wanted to see if anyone here has pushed the REVO II to its limits and how the resulting performance would be.

Thanks in advance.

well I have a loss factor of 15%, this means the inverter will receive around 448 V max. It is really worth it- specially in the winter, mainly because I have too much shadowing- my voltage drops so much during winter days. I want to add 2 panels in order to compensate for the low sun in the sky.
In Summer, I also have shadowing but at a less amount than in winter. The panels that I intend to install will be actually higher in height than the current system, so in the Summer these two panels will be shadowing other two existing panels. In other words, the two new panels would only give me added value during the winter.

Currently, my 12 panels produce a max of 370-380VDC at peak hours, this is why my loss factor is around 15% to 18%.

Wanted to see if anyone here has pushed the REVO II to its limits and how the resulting performance would be.

Thanks in advance.

How many amps are you allowed in. Maybe reconfigure panels into 2 strings or more?

How many amps are you allowed in. Maybe reconfigure panels into 2 strings or more?
I did try two parallel strings 6 by 6
Inverter was not able to endure the high amperage, 28 amperes or so.

I did try two parallel strings 6 by 6
Inverter was not able to endure the high amperage, 28 amperes or so.
what was happening to your system when you installed your inverter with 2 parallel strings & producing high amperage?

Back