diy solar

diy solar

South - west orientation

Carlitosgy6

Hi, I have 9 solar panels aiming south and I want to know if i can set 9 panels aiming west because in the afternoon is when everyone gets home and the batteries began discharging, can I connect them in parallel with no issues or need blocking diodes? Screenshot_20231102_202902_Gallery.jpg

Probably.
What SCC do you have and what are the input limits?
The more info you provide, the better the chance someone will answer your question correctly.

Hi, I have 9 solar panels aiming south and I want to know if i can set 9 panels aiming west

If same/similar panel with same/similar Vmp within 5-10% of the other string, yep!

because in the afternoon is when everyone gets home and the batteries began discharging, can I connect them in parallel with no issues

Yes.

or need blocking diodes?

No.

The biggest consideration - you don't supply too many PV amps.

One must evaluate if the total PV current is acceptable. While your West array will never produce peak output, you need to find the maximum the combined arrays can output.

You can use the PVWatts link in my signature to model each of your array's performance individually, hourly, for the year. You can then download each CSV and combine into a single spreadsheet and get a good estimate of what your actual total power will be.

This will also help you see how your evening hours will be impacted by the addition of the second array.

If same/similar panel with same/similar Vmp within 5-10% of the other string, yep!

Yes.

No.

The biggest consideration - you don't supply too many PV amps.

One must evaluate if the total PV current is acceptable. While your West array will never produce peak output, you need to find the maximum the combined arrays can output.

You can use the PVWatts link in my signature to model each of your array's performance individually, hourly, for the year. You can then download each CSV and combine into a single spreadsheet and get a good estimate of what your actual total power will be.

This will also help you see how your evening hours will be impacted by the addition of the second array.
Great! Thank you and God bless you

diy solar

diy solar
Back