diy solar

diy solar

SRNE AIO - Winter production and MPPT behavior at low light

1) are your PV panels as badly exposed as mine ? (see post #1)

2) regarding the behavior of the SCC MPPT see post #17 and #19 with my tests, maybe you will have the same results at home

On this graph you can see that the SCC MPPT managed to power small loads of 6W (A) and 25W (B) with low light.

05_Overview - MPPT test at low light.png

On the other hand it seems that starting the battery charge can take more power than the PV can provide and therefore be a failure. The problem would therefore be the consumption of the "HV DC to Buck battery charger" module between 50 and 150W.

However with a low delta between "charging voltage" and "battery voltage" it may be possible to start a small battery charge with low light.

Tomorrow it will be gray and rainy at my place, I will do other tests to highlight that.

Finally, I would say that these tests are very informative but I think your goal is not to produce 50W and therefore the best thing to do to avoid these problems in winter is to correctly orient the panels towards the south with an angle which depends on your location.

On the other hand, if your panels are very well oriented then you may have a problem.

My friend owns an EAsun SMG II 5.6kW with well oriented panels and has no problems.

Do not forget either that EAsun AIOs are rebranded AIOs and built by different manufacturers.
So I think they have different behaviors.

1671738812234.png

I have an Easun iGrid IV, that I use in a grid tied mode without export. It is connected to a 6s2p solar, 4750Wp, provided one of my panels in the most favorable string is not damaged(see the thread just below this one or my recent post). The other string is in shade these days, so mainly out of the 6s that has almost no shade I get a maximum of 1400Wp considering 23deg tilt and a 210 azimuth(SW). On a clear day, I get in december a bit over 4kW while on a cloudy day about 2.4kW, yet on a gloomy day 1kW.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, orientation is not great. So maybe production can start earlier with a small load and the inverter on ...

Back