diy solar

diy solar

SRNE EOS10B (10KWh) Battery Questions?

ctkjose

Does anybody here has the SRNE EOS 10KW or 5KW wall mounted batteries that is willing to share their experience or even share their learned lessons?

I got two of the 10K batteries and Im currently upgrading my XW+ 5548 from lead-acid. Im learning bit by bit and documenting things as I go.

I learned that this is basically a Tian Power BMS (TP-LT-55A) used by many other batteries. Im documenting my discoveries here. The batteries are brand new but Im very tempted to open them up (bad thing is that I already hang them on the wall) to see what is actually inside.

Over Current Protection: I was wondering if it has internal breakers (video on SRNE opening the the battery suggest not) or it only relays on BMS logic?

Im still trying to obtain oficial protocol specifications (given new firmwares) (only pdf are from 2016/2018) for CAN/RS485 protocols.

I ask the company for the latest firmware and they send me an older one, while in their firmware upgrade page they have a newer 1.1.5V!

Im unable to obtain official charge specifications for using (open loop) traditional MPPT chargers, Im using as reference similar products (ie Fortress LFP10, etc).

Any additional info on Tian Power BMS is also greatly appreciated.

Awesome doc dude!

I recently installed 2 EOS05B and they are performing pretty well. I've hooked it up to the SRNE ASF48100S200-H inverter via RS485 and using Solar Assistant for the metrics. However, I've not yet figured out how to connect the batteries to Solar Assistant as the only BMS protocol that somehow worked was USB Narada RS485 which showed 16 battery packs.

Back