diy solar

diy solar

Strange/Poor Solar Production

steveholt480

Hello All,

A couple weeks ago I got a 6000xp installed and have been monitoring the charts from home ever since. The first day I hooked 10 of the SanTan 250w panels in a single string, just laid out on the ground in a little clearing in the woods I had made. Its not ideal, but with no clouds, it made 7.5kwh which I thought was pretty good.
1719510141467.png

So the second day I added Y-splitters and a second string of 10 with my remaining 250w panels. So that maxes out the first MPPT at 5kw of solar. Suddenly the generation is very erratic. The graph seems ok until we get to mid day and the real generation is supposed to begin, it seems like as soon as the generation gets too high it will cut itself way back to a few hundred watts before climbing back up and repeating the cycle.
1719510382497.png
First I suspected clouds, or maybe the BMS is balancing the cells, or maybe the battery is full, but I've observed the behavior when I know the batery isnt full, the sun is out and no cells in the bms are high.
The next weekend I brought a window AC out and noticed I am able to get more solar production if theres a load on, so that makes me think theres an issue with the battery again.
1719511222906.png
Maybe a misconfiguration in the Inverter? I'll post the export of my settings as well. The battery is a diy 280ah, with the jk b2a24s20p BMS.

I'm limited to looking at charts during the week, but I will be able to get out there this weekend. If anyone has any suggestions or tips on what to look for I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1719510336875.png
    1719510336875.png
    288.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Remote_Set_4133740420.pdf
    877.8 KB · Views: 1
PV power MUST have somewhere to go. If the battery is full, you get only what is consumed by the loads.

If the battery BMS engages charge protection, it will signal the AiO to go to 0A charging if comms are active, or it will simply cut the battery out of the charge circuit.

diy solar

diy solar
Back