diy solar

diy solar

SUN-16K-SG01LP1-EU Deye 16kw hybrid single phase

sd_dracula

After a quick search on this forum for SUN-16K-SG01LP1-EU the Deye 16kw single phase hybrid inverter, didn't return much I suppose it is worth asking on a separate thread.
Thinking about upgrading to one of these and had some questions:
  • In the manual it says to add 200a AC breakers on both the grid and backup ports, since it can't push more than 80a AC why would I not install 80a or 100a breakers(unless breakers are simply for cutting power and what I'm talking about is the protection devices, rcbo, etc?
  • For the CT clamp wiring it doesn't say anything about maximum length (my sunsynk says to not go over 15m for example) and I will have a 35m meter run from my consumer unit to the inverter, still ok to use CT or go for meter instead?
  • I have an Eastron SDM230 meter that I never used with my sunsynk, can I use it with the Deye if required?
  • Anyone here have any experience with the 12/14/16kw hybrids and connecting them to the likes of Home Assistant/Solar Assistant, need to be able to control the inverter remotely for automation (like I do my sunsynk)
  • In the manual it says to loop the battery wires through the magnetic ring supplied with it and no chance of bending a 70mm2 cable through that, can it be left out safely?

After a quick search on this forum for SUN-16K-SG01LP1-EU the Deye 16kw single phase hybrid inverter, didn't return much I suppose it is worth asking on a separate thread.
Thinking about upgrading to one of these and had some questions:
  • In the manual it says to add 200a AC breakers on both the grid and backup ports, since it can't push more than 80a AC why would I not install 80a or 100a breakers(unless breakers are simply for cutting power and what I'm talking about is the protection devices, rcbo, etc?
  • For the CT clamp wiring it doesn't say anything about maximum length (my sunsynk says to not go over 15m for example) and I will have a 35m meter run from my consumer unit to the inverter, still ok to use CT or go for meter instead?
  • I have an Eastron SDM230 meter that I never used with my sunsynk, can I use it with the Deye if required?
  • Anyone here have any experience with the 12/14/16kw hybrids and connecting them to the likes of Home Assistant/Solar Assistant, need to be able to control the inverter remotely for automation (like I do my sunsynk)
Deye = sunsynk and supports exactly the same perhipials
I have my 12k 3 phase connected to SA , which sends reading through matt to ha
Again works exactly the same way as your Sunsynk as they are the same

Deye = sunsynk and supports exactly the same perhipials
I have my 12k 3 phase connected to SA , which sends reading through matt to ha
Again works exactly the same way as your Sunsynk as they are the same
I have messaged the SA guys and they told me that sometimes on some ports and some firmware, it is not possible to send change commands, read but not write.
My Sunsynk has 6 ports, making it easy to connect a meter, battery CAN, solar asisstant, and the wifi dongle all working together.
The Deye seems to only have 4 ports, one rs485, one CAN, 2 parallel - not sure how I could add solar assistant/battery/meter to those, I think the the rs485/CAN ports are 2 in 1, where you can get both rs485 and CAN on the same plug.
How is yours setup?

I have messaged the SA guys and they told me that sometimes on some ports and some firmware, it is not possible to send change commands, read but not write.
My Sunsynk has 6 ports, making it easy to connect a meter, battery CAN, solar asisstant, and the wifi dongle all working together.
The Deye seems to only have 4 ports, one rs485, one CAN, 2 parallel - not sure how I could add solar assistant/battery/meter to those, I think the the rs485/CAN ports are 2 in 1, where you can get both rs485 and CAN on the same plug.
How is yours setup?
My SA and battery are using the same BMS port, you will need to create your own utp cable, or buy a port splitter ( this is what I did)

I am running a beta version of SA , but have been able to configure my sunsynk's for a year now.
My friend runs a single 3 phase 12k deye, same cabling setup, run SA non beta and is also able to change settings.
Do make sure you are running the latest firmware...

Are you doing any grid charging of your batteries?
yes, in winter i must
And are you seeing anywhere near the stated 12000w power coming in?
never charge my batteries at 12k, since my grid connection is 3 x 25A , and there is no need to do a 12K charge ( usually enough cheap hours in a day to not peak load the charging ) , i usually charge from grid at 150A

when on solar , yes i do see max charging that is possible

be aware that charging is not only limited by your grid connection, but , if using comms, also by the max charge parameter coming from the BMS

yes, in winter i must

never charge my batteries at 12k, since my grid connection is 3 x 25A , and there is no need to do a 12K charge ( usually enough cheap hours in a day to not peak load the charging ) , i usually charge from grid at 150A

when on solar , yes i do see max charging that is possible

be aware that charging is not only limited by your grid connection, but , if using comms, also by the max charge parameter coming from the BMS
Yeah using a 200a jkbms and I can get it to 140a max on the 8kw sunsynk and only have a 3 hour night window to charge 30kwh of batteries which is not possible.
I usually import and export as much as possible, since the import in the 3 hours is 5x less than I get paid for export and then export all the pv too

Yeah using a 200a jkbms and I can get it to 140a max on the 8kw sunsynk and only have a 3 hour night window to charge 30kwh of batteries which is not possible.
I usually import and export as much as possible, since the import in the 3 hours is 5x less than I get paid for export and then export all the pv too
Given your 8 kw sunsynk has a max dc charge rate of 190a , I'd think you have settings limiting your charge rate

Share your settings in TOU and battery charge setting pls

I was talking about AC grid charging which tops out at 8kw (140a-ish) since that is the limit on the AC side.
Will need to wait for a proper sunny day so I can see if I can get closer to the 190a from pv but usually the battery is already past 80% in the morning so no way it could push that much into it.

I have a Deye SUN SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU and i have connected and running External Eastron Meter (Meter 485), JK BMS (BMS Port, i use CAN) and (ESP Home board for HA on Modbus port) each one on different port. They are working fine with no issues.

How is yours setup?
On the BMS port is you can choose CAN or 485 but you will not connect 2 BMS at the same time so is fine.

I have a Deye SUN SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU and i have connected and running External Eastron Meter (Meter 485), JK BMS (BMS Port, i use CAN) and (ESP Home board for HA on Modbus port) each one on different port. They are working fine with no issues.

On the BMS port is you can choose CAN or 485 but you will not connect 2 BMS at the same time so is fine.
Did you say you connected HA to one of the parallel ports?
I won't be using them anyway so if that works to connect solar assistant then great

Did you say you connected HA to one of the parallel ports?
I won't be using them anyway so if that works to connect solar assistant then great
Not the Parallel port, i have used Modbus port.

Attachments

• deye rs485.jpeg
    deye rs485.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
Ah, I don't think that exists on the 16kw, at least not in the manual:
1709770304075.png
Think I need a splitter for the top left port to put both solar assistant and the meter on the same port

Think I need a splitter for the top left port to put both solar assistant and the meter on the same port
You can try may work. My 12k inverter has 485 also on BMS port. If you don't have a BMS connected you can try that port.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 2
Back