diy solar

diy solar

Sungold LFP 4000 watt inverter charger confusion!!

glennjr1

I have a Sungold LFP 4,000 watt inverter/charger. The confusion is with the wiring. I have enclosed a copy of the wiring diagram and the last 2 diagrams are where the confusion is. The "remark" for those diagrams. My question is, and I contacted Sungold and the confusion got worse. All I want to know is if I wire the input @ 240V will I get the full 4,000 watts on the output if that is wired in the 240V configuration? Maybe somebody up here knows the answer, they sure don't.

Attachments

• Sungold LFP inverter charger.pdf
    350.7 KB · Views: 10
The full 4000W output is only going to be available if both hot legs are used. Two ways to do that. Use only 240V appliances OR balance 120V loads between both hots
Another way to look at it: There are 2 x 120V circuits, each one can provide 2,000W.

Your question is not clear if you are asking about pass thru wattage or inverter wattage. Either way the answer is basically the same although when using shore power in pass-thru mode there may be a bit more surge capability and tolerance to 120V load imbalances depending on the source of power and breaker size.

Bentley,
Thanks for the reply. It does clear up most my concerns. (y) I am presuming by your answer there might be an issue with unbalanced loads on the hot legs if I have it wired for 220V. I don't use this all the time (yet), I will try to balance the loads when I am using it. Your reply is much clearer than the word "salad" I got from Sungold, must have been the "B" team on duty at that time.

Back