diy solar

diy solar

3000w lfp series sun gold power inverter/charger

Jerry D

Purchased a 3000w lfp series sun gold power inverter/charger Manuel says that when battery reaches 10.5v the auto transfer switch will go to a/c power
The inverter beeps at about 10.8 volts but the transfer switch never engaged. I have 2 12v lifepo batteries and I red a post where someone had the same problem and mad a few adjustments with the battery dip switches but he didn’t say which ones. If anyone knows anything about this system please reply
Thanks

Purchased a 3000w lfp series sun gold power inverter/charger Manuel says that when battery reaches 10.5v the auto transfer switch will go to a/c power
The inverter beeps at about 10.8 volts but the transfer switch never engaged. I have 2 12v lifepo batteries and I red a post where someone had the same problem and mad a few adjustments with the battery dip switches but he didn’t say which ones. If anyone knows anything about this system please reply
Thanks
Hi Jerry, can you rate this sun gold power unit for me ? I purchased the same unit but haven’t hooked it up yet. Also looking for help configuring batteries. I have 12 batteries to use. Any info appreciated.

I've had the 3000/9000 SunGoldPower inverter-charger for two years. No problems at all. That said, my system is set up so that the inverter-charger never runs at over 55% capacity. I really like the unit's 90-amp max charge rate.
As far as the dip switches that change settings, follow the dip switch setting section in the manual.
I'm a bit befuddled about your auto transfer switch. Typically, the inverter-charger runs off grid power and the auto transfer switch passes (in my case) 120 volts AC through the unit and also charges the batteries. The unit will automatically switch to battery power if grid power is disconnected or becomes unstable (AC voltage lower than 106 volts). Do you have dip switch #5 set to position one to discharge batteries first?

Last edited:
Back