diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower BUYER BEWARE SP6548 DIED after just 6 weeks, another scam victim of sungoldpower F90 code is flashing and shuts down

Maybe am missing something you had used this unit for 6 weeks done nothing to it but used it for 6 weeks then one day it just failed with F90 error code and you had done nothing to it. You state, "F90 error code means fake firmware"
Right?

Again you used it for 6 weeks and did nothing then one day out of the Blue Inverter is just up popped out this F90 code which you say is a fake "firmware code" again you weren't trying to change anything so after 6 weeks it just pooped this F90 code out of the Blue Inverter. Is that what you are saying? For 6 weeks worked great and you had no problems then out of the blue inverter it pooped this F90 code? Is that what it did?

You didn't decide to upgrade and change the software-firmware then it logged a F90 code with a different serial number? So you changed the firmware and it won't communicate now. Hmmmm different serial number after changing the firmware - "F90 error code means FAKE FIRMWARE'

Where did you get the FIRMWARE you were and are installing?

Did you ever get it fixed? The sungoldpower website states they offer a 3 year warranty. I have no doubt you had trouble the women(names) that I chatted with from there were not real good at speaky the english. Chinenglish. Again where did you get the firmware that you uploaded then had a different serial number?

Where is the follow up from you? Do we need send 20/20 or 60 minute news team out to sungoldpower to see if they are who they say they are or not?

Back in days when ppl built-assembled their own computers from various parts the mother boards would be made by same manufacturer for some of them but cicuits might be spec'ed differently So if you installed wrong bios would brick the mb sometimes. Did you install a different brand of firmware and that caused the problem after 6 weeks? "F90 as you state is fake firmware" ... that is the system on the board so it just changed itself and started logging F90?
One poster on these forums was whining because his MPP SOLAR 6548 and Sungoldpower 6548 were not playing well when hooked up in parallel together. Duh. 'He cried they are exactly the same units" not true there is an old model and there is a newer version of 6548. The software must match and although the units may appear the same something might be different.... the software is a definite aka FIRMWARE.

"In computing, firmware is a specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for a device's specific hardware. Firmware, such as the BIOS of a personal computer, may contain basic functions of a device, and may provide hardware abstraction services to higher-level software such as operating systems. For less complex devices, firmware may act as the device's complete operating system, performing all control, monitoring and data manipulation functions. Typical examples of devices containing firmware are embedded systems (running embedded software), home and personal-use appliances, computers, and computer peripherals.''''Wiki

The more expensive the mistake then the less likely ppl will admit it might have been them. Was the unit connected to the internet in some fashion so it could be hacked or do a self upgrade? Was the power thrown back on after capacitors had bleed down and spiked the system? Ppl building assembling their own computers were the same way. Some would admit they had screwed it up and sometimes it was something else in the systems. Old VCR machines were often made by same manufacturer but to different specs... might look same but were could be different with something. Sometimes it was just the name on outside.
Seems impossible to speak to anyone in technical solutions at sungold. Everything is done by email and text. I am leary of downloading anything from some of these companies affialiated with the Chinese Communist Party.

I had the same problem with my SP6548 purchased last April and set it up in my basement to use for emergency backup only with no grid tie. I connected a SOK 48v 100 ah battery. The inverter would turn on when the sun energized the 4 sungold power solar panels. The system is mounted on a server rack. I installed an AC charging wire with 10 ga wire and the inverter connects to a 6 circuit breaker by RV plug. Weekly, I would check to ensure the inverter and power were ok. About a month ago, the inverter alarm went off and I determined it had an F90 error code. I couldn't find anything in the user manual related to that error code. Contacted sungold power and they sent me a firmware update. I've tried several times to update the firmware via their instructions using my laptop. I keep getting an error message. What a pain in the backside dealing with this company via email. Any suggestions or work arounds on getting this firmware installed and updated. I don't have a grid tie system so I'm not sure why updates are necessary. It makes me want to retrieve my Titan from the cabin and toss the SP6548
Might help posting what the error message was. Also what cable your using to do the update and such.

Back