diy solar

diy solar

Sunny Boy SB 6000TL inverter (7yrs old) need to know what is the max panels we can have.

SunnyMan

We have 2 Sunny Boy Inverters SB 6000TL-US22 (grid tied, no battery backup, as a we have a whole house generator). The system was installed Nov. 2015 and designed as 15.1Kw per yr. Seven+ yrs later, Our current bill indicates we are now using 16.9Kw. I have contacted the reseller that has sold it to us, about adding more solar panels, they indicated to me, they no longer sell Sunpower x21 345w panels (no optimizers or micro inverters), the new ones they sell (LG & Panasonic) are incompatible with our current system, and we would need to purchase all new solar panels and inverters. We are thinking they are no longer that "friendly" to their prior customers, unless we commit to another big purchase.

Can you us know: What is the max amount of solar panels can we have per Sunny Boy 6000TL inverter we have? (we do have room for 6 more panels, but do not want to overload the inverters)

We plan to see if we can add more to each inverter string, evenly. On a sunny day last week, 1 inverter indicated 3709 and the other was 4014 power in watts. Is it the case where we can add as many panels as we want until it goes to 6000 each?

I did open the DC-Disconnect and seen on the 4 inputs, 1 red wire to A+ and 2 red wires to B+ on each dc-Disconnect, if that helps. (1 input not used)

I did download the SMA-Quick-design ref spreadsheet and reviewed the instruction, but were unable to determine the amount with confidence, as we are just homeowners.

Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back