diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk ECCO 5kW Inverter Wi-Fi dongle 'thingy'

linesrg

Good Morning,

I've just bought a Sunsynk ECCO 5kW inverter which I'll be installing c/w 4 x PylonTech US5000 batteries to back up my PW2.

Working my way through the manuals and see that a wi-fi only dongle is supplied rather than the type shown in the manual which allows for a hard wired ethernet cable to be connected.

The inverter and batteries are to be installed in the shed outside and the house wi-fi doesn't cover this area so I 'need' the hard wired connection.

My question is does anybody have one of the dongles I'm looking for and willing to part with it??

I have sent an EM to the manufacturers and will probably phone them tomorrow.

Regards

Richard

If I understand what you need, you can get them for as low as $6 on amazon, but depending on the range you might want one with an antenna.

The inverter and batteries are to be installed in the shed outside and the house wi-fi doesn't cover this area so I 'need' the hard wired connection

I emphasise this bit - the one mentioning the hard wired connection solution!!

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 17.49.48.png

Regards

Richard

Just in case you haven't sorted your problem yet.
This is what I'm trying.

Take the card out of the dongle that you have,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295591820671
Take the screws out, and shave the plastic from the sides, it will fit the dongle. Drill a hole at the bottom of the dongle and pass through a usb cable.
Use a usb to Ethernet/Lan converter, plug into a power line adapter.
If you want to keep completely off line ie no modem, in your house from power line adapter convert back to usb and plug into a laptop etc.

Of course you may find a ethernet/Lan adapter that will fit your dongle, but you will need to use a modem to make it work.

I haven't got mine up and running yet so fingers crossed :)

I hope this helps.

Back