diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk > SolarAssistant > HomeAssistant MQTT

Jay_

Hi, Just installed SolarAssistant to my SunSynk 5kw inverter. Im using it as a MQTT client feeding my home assistant set up, all is well apart from it is not forwarding the time section (first column on left) in the picture below. Is it my set up thats wrong or does it not forward this data?

Home assitant screen grab attached also.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 23.39.43.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 23.39.43.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 23.42.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 23.42.35.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 16
Just to be clear, these work mode timers are in the "Power" settings in SolarAssistant? As best I can tell, these are specific to SunSynk/Deye/Sol-Ark AIOs, so I'm not able to replicate it with my Voltronic system that has SA.

The only thing that comes to mind is SolarAssistant might not be broadcasting MQTT messages for those particular AIO settings? This might be something you'd have to email the SA team about.

You could probably monitor the MQTT messages that are being broadcasted using some kind of tool and try to make a change in SA to one of the work mode settings, and see if you're picking up any broadcasts related to it. If you see them there, the problem would likely be with HA, whereas if you're not seeing any messages, it would presumably be an SA issue.

The Sunsynk app uodate seems to be creating problems for a lot of users according to the Sunsynk forum comments ..

Just to be clear, these work mode timers are in the "Power" settings in SolarAssistant? As best I can tell, these are specific to SunSynk/Deye/Sol-Ark AIOs, so I'm not able to replicate it with my Voltronic system that has SA.

The only thing that comes to mind is SolarAssistant might not be broadcasting MQTT messages for those particular AIO settings? This might be something you'd have to email the SA team about.

You could probably monitor the MQTT messages that are being broadcasted using some kind of tool and try to make a change in SA to one of the work mode settings, and see if you're picking up any broadcasts related to it. If you see them there, the problem would likely be with HA, whereas if you're not seeing any messages, it would presumably be an SA issue.
Deye/sunsynk/sol-ark are a complete different universe of inverters

Hi, Just installed SolarAssistant to my SunSynk 5kw inverter. Im using it as a MQTT client feeding my home assistant set up, all is well apart from it is not forwarding the time section (first column on left) in the picture below. Is it my set up thats wrong or does it not forward this data?

Home assitant screen grab attached also.
It should, but had difficulty as of my latest firmware too.
For now I fall back to SA'S rules

Back