diy solar

diy solar

System attempt 2 mppt minimums?

OneStudPuppy

what a last few days. So debating new options maybe mppt controller instead but then I am reading some places saying that a single 100 watt panel may not be enough to charge a battery as the input voltage would be about the same? There is a lot of mis information and back and forth information wise.
Components in play as of current.
100 watt renogy panel (will attach label)
Ampere time 100ah lipo4 battery
Solar wires 12 gauge dedicated solar lines
So was I reading a page which was wrong information from what I was reading states voltage is more the mppt operation instead of watt reliant. Yet when I look at the back of the renogy panel it’s showing a OPEN voltage of 24.3 and a optimum 20.3. But doesn’t show the short-circuit current voltage like it does for watts.
Again still learning and catching up but as of now I am trying to choose controller type, this last failure controller wise made me realize I need to upgrade to a better controller with USER battery settings.(Maybe also Bluetooth and semi budget friendly, but not wanderer 10a budget. I regret that!)
Here is panel info and battery info.
6990FDE6-B9CD-4D32-860F-D1600E6C2024.png
371624BD-5B57-439E-8406-750B6292EB48.jpeg

Last edited:
Other like would be power output for house lights (trailer lights but mounted in the trailer) and a usb/12v power port. If not a great option I could wire in a small bus and then switched connection point. House lights all on .5 amp draw all led. 100 watts for now panel wise depending on cpap May go within additional panel later. Need to evaluate use first.

Last edited:
Maybe I am insane, repeating the same thing expecting different results. As of now the Renogy wanderer series is dead to me, going to try this one Renogy Rover 20A. From what I have read up to 100v in and 20amps. Way under what I’ll be using. But I really hope I don’t get the factory defective one, I read the lugs have been upgraded. And seems the melted PV positive has been the 40 amp versions.
Wish me luck!

Back