diy solar

diy solar

System check

VVann

Hi,

Looking to use a 15kwh 48v battery (rhino) with a Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM and 600w 24v rich solar panels in nevada and california, paired with a 2000w DC AC DC inverter. Will this work as a system? I am worried I won't meet the minimum PV to power the inverter to make solar worth it.

Thanks

We need a few more details.

Why do you have two inverters?

What is a DC AC DC inverter?

How many 600w solar panels?

How many kWh's per day you are trying to offset?

What does "worth it" mean to you?

Isn't the Growatt 3000TL-LVM a 24v inverter? That's the part number on both of mine so that 48v battery isn't going to do you any good.

How many panels? What's the VoC and Vmp on those? The Growatts have a pretty low Voc limit, mine top out at 125v and 2Kw of panel before I'm overpaneling. They've got a pretty low starting voltage so you can definitely use the panels, just gotta figure out how many.

What's a DC AC DC inverter?

California or Nevada? Or are you on the state line?

What are you trying to power? That battery has a good amount of juice but air conditioning eats watts FAST!

Get us some more info like a link to that Growatt, the Voc, Vmp and Isc of the panels and how many, what a DC AC DC inverter is and a product link, and a guesstimate on what you're looking to power.

Ah this is on a van, so 600-750w total at 24v. there's a growwatt 48v. I will use a 2200w inverter to charge the Growatt from the alternator DC to AC to DC - this is a tried and true system that is cheap and effective even accounting for the conversion inefficiencies. Not perfect, but a good cheap system many van people use. 12500 btu RV/truck mini split.

MaxxFan, Led lights, Soundboks

diy solar

diy solar
Back