diy solar

diy solar

System underperforming?

Yes you want to be concerned with the max charge rate that your battery can handle. Though if other loads exist or you can sell to grid that can be offset some.

Yes you want to be concerned with the max charge rate that your battery can handle. Though if other loads exist or you can sell to grid that can be offset some.
I came home and forgot to say, I have 20kw in batteries but that is 2 10kw battery packs. I noticed my discharge rate was around 140A since im using big power currently. When I go into the battery menu I noticed pack 1 is discharging at 70ish amps while pack 2 at 60ish amps.

Batteries max charging and discharging amps is 100A so im assuming on charging im giving it max 100A on the inverter setting BUT that's divided by 2 batteries so I assume (cloudy af so no sun power lol) that if I go 160A (max for imverter) it would technically be pushing 80s on each battery

Its veeeery sunny today no clouds yet max is still not more than 5kw. I upped the charging setting to 120A to see if an increase would appwar but nope. Im thinking this inverter sucks or something lol, will call tomorrow for the installer to verify

Attachments

• 20230625_101051.jpg
    20230625_101051.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 8
Update:

I went up top and checked the connections, I am 90% certain the panels are incorrectly connected. Instead of doing 2S1P they decided to go 4S and not sure about the P (kinda messy wiring). I also noticed the 2Series may have the +/- connected wrong! so positive to negative in short making 10 out of 20 panels out of service and risk of damage to overheating and such. Today they are closed but tomorrow I will be calling them to see if they can fix the issue. That's why im getting a max of 4.8kw even when batteries are not full and house having a load or not (10 * 450w would be around 4.5kw)

Hopefully that's the issue

Update:

Talked with them and they wanted to see how long my 2 batteries take to charge. I told them to come by and check wiring cause that's the weird issue, I guess this will be a multi-day issue ffs.

I noticed this inverter has 2 PV inputs (PV1 and PV2). If im not mistaken this inverter only has 1 MPPT so I assume it just considers the power being brought in/shown from PV1? thus making PV2 kinda useless??? not really sure. Today no more than 4.5-4.7kw was noted again.

Back