diy solar

diy solar

TAIco TK5000 battery

JollyJ

Can anyone please help.
I am trying to pair a TAIco TK5000 battery with a Solax X1 Hybrid FIT inverter.
The inverter and battery was added to my Solax X1 inverter by a newly solar qualified technician, but he could not get it to work and left me with the problem.
The inverter display does not show any battery and shows the BMS to be Unconnected, so I susoect it is a lead problem.
Can anyone tell me what the RJ43 pin connections between the two devices should be,
thanks

You are correct, my mistake it should read RJ145, and thank you for the information. Unfortunately The table is missing the headers and so I am not sure what it means.
According to the data sheets for the inverter and the battery the pin functions are as follows:-
Solax Taico

Pin 1 BAT-TEMP CANL
Pin 2 GND CGND
Pin 3 GND NC
Pin 4 BMS_CANH CANH
Pin 5 BMS_CANL CANL
PIN 6 X RS485-GRD
PIN 7 BMS_485A NC
PIN 8 BMS_485B NC

Would I be right in thinking Pins 2, 3 and 5 should be connected and the others not connected?

You only need to connect your inverter's CANBUS or RS485 to the correct cable interface of your RJ45,
when connect to CANBUS
CAN_ L
CAN_ H
when connect to RS485
RS485_ A
RS485_ B

You only need to connect your inverter's CANBUS or RS485 to the correct cable interface of your RJ45,
when connect to CANBUS
CAN_ L
CAN_ H
when connect to RS485
RS485_ A
RS485_ B
Thank you so much, I made up a lead as you suggest and tried again.
Please understand that I know little about what I am doing, but I can report that the battery display tells me that the BMS is NORMAL.
The inverter however, still reports WAITING and that the BMS is DISCONNECTED.
There is a line in the inverter menu that says BATTERY, but I have not been able to do anything with it.
There are no parameters set in the battery display, because I have no idea what should be in there.
I must be honest and say that I am tempted to ditch the SolaX inverters and buy something that is more likely to work with the type of battery I have, the manuals I have give no information on getting the system to work and I have no idea what needs to be set where.

I would of course prefer to get the pieces I have working together, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Can you offer any advice, is there an information source that might help me?
best regards

The battery you are currently using is assembled from cells and BMS,
The inverter requires BMS to adapt to the protocol.
So I suggest you contact TAICO for technical support,

Back