diy solar

diy solar

Talk me out of cheap Amazon solar!

RUNLTDAN1072

We all see these 400 to 1000 watt pair of flexible solar panels for 2-3 hundred bucks on Amazon. Has anyone tried their luck on them. Panels, cables and charge controller included for a suspiciously low price. Maybe the incredibly low price is worth the Clear Risk! Note: I’ve noted that most of the companies have very few ratings at all.
Dan

Maybe that means they just haven't bothered to get photos yet of the real 500w flexible panels. You can be our explorer and find out.
Honestly guys, I might just do it. I’m using it to learn. I have a 17 ft 36” wide canoe with a canvas 8 foot long bimini. I’m going to get, say…600 watts of Chinese flexible solar. 30 lb thrust motor- 30 amp max. 100ah lithium ion battery and Their charge controller! WOW, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG ?. Note: I’m not going to bend them at all to prevent even micro cracks. They will be mounted on a firm lightweight foam board. This will give me the experience for a 24 foot Sea Ark with 2200 wats of solar.
Dan

Honestly guys, I might just do it. I’m using it to learn. I have a 17 ft 36” wide canoe with a canvas 8 foot long bimini. I’m going to get, say…600 watts of Chinese flexible solar. 30 lb thrust motor- 30 amp max. 100ah lithium ion battery and Their charge controller! WOW, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG ?. Note: I’m not going to bend them at all to prevent even micro cracks. They will be mounted on a firm lightweight foam board. This will give me the experience for a 24 foot Sea Ark with 2200 wats of solar.
Dan
You'll get farther if you mount them as sails

Back