diy solar

diy solar

Test run with a small system first?

If you are grabbing your system ground at the AC in of your PowMr I have found that running a short jumper wire from it to the case ground (which happens to be the ground for the AC out wiring) ensures a better ground. One simple test device to check your circuits is this.

Attachments

• 1712066607211.png
    1712066607211.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 2
If you are grabbing your system ground at the AC in of your PowMr I have found that running a short jumper wire from it to the case ground (which happens to be the ground for the AC out wiring) ensures a better ground. One simple test device to check your circuits is this.
I have something that looks like that. an efi tester thing. I also just connected the ground wire from the subpanel to the grounding bar on my main panel

My battery died last night and its not clear if my solar array is even generating anything. 😓

Well. I know what I will be doing in a few hours when i get home from work. I remember checking the panels before and finding voltage from each of them. I am not sure is going on. there is no way the loads i was running drained 2.4kwh over night and I am not sure if the battery has been draining over days and never charging or what. Before I left for work this morning, I measured the voltage at 120 on the PV circuit, which makes sense because the sun was barely up when i left. its not like its been particularly cloudy this week either.

My battery died last night and its not clear if my solar array is even generating anything....
That should be clear. You have indication on your AIO for various parameters (push up or down button) one of which is incoming kW.

Keeping the battery charged, how much loading you are dealing with and ensuring you have the proper setting for your AIO likely should be made in a new Thread.

That should be clear. You have indication on your AIO for various parameters (push up or down button) one of which is incoming kW.

Keeping the battery charged, how much loading you are dealing with and ensuring you have the proper setting for your AIO likely should be made in a new Thread.
yeah. I will have to figure it out. I get friday afternoons off so I can actually see the panels during the day and see if its doing anything. I was thinking the battery was charging while i was at work and I would come back when no loads were currently being drawn. I will be adding another load that will run a bit more continuous than the ones I have now. This is kind of why im not putting critical loads on the system yet. lol

@Mattb4 update. at home its not showing as generating in AIO. Open circuit voltage at 156

edit: I am dumb. i took away ac input and it works now. new thread on AIO settings probably good idea

I think my battery just died somehow
Not enough information. Why do you think your battery is dead? One possibility for LiFePO4 batteries BMS is to trip on low voltage and need to be reset. This can be done either by jumping the battery with another or with a power supply. Some chargers will work also to activate a LiFePO4 from a low voltage trip.

Not enough information. Why do you think your battery is dead? One possibility for LiFePO4 batteries BMS is to trip on low voltage and need to be reset. This can be done either by jumping the battery with another or with a power supply. Some chargers will work also to activate a LiFePO4 from a low voltage trip.
It isn't. I did a bunch of tests and realized that I hand the incorrect charge settings activated on the AIO. I was able to get it to charge the battery and will see if the panels charge the batteries properly tomorrow. :fp2 Was a silly error, but all is well. I am still learning what each setting does.

Silly errors happen. I couldn't figure out why my array wasn't charging until someone else pointed out my max charging setting was 0 amps. :fp2
lol. thats funny. everything is working fine. At least for now. I have a quarter of my home's wall circuits and ceiling lights running off the system now. watching it generate right now

Back