diy solar

diy solar

Tester for LIFEPO4 18650?

RedBeard

I'm building a battery pack with used cells and was wondering if anyone knew of a multi bank tester for LIFEPO4 18650 CELLS. I'm currently using a b6 clone but 1 cell at a time is torture.

If you are at all familiar with something like a raspberry pi. I made a system to test up to 8 cells at once using some ina chips a multiplexer and some resistors. If you are interested I can share some info.

Most definitely. I've been intrigued by the pies for a while now. Been wanting to make something with them.

I'm building a battery pack with used cells and was wondering if anyone knew of a multi bank tester for LIFEPO4 18650 CELLS. I'm currently using a b6 clone but 1 cell at a time is torture.
What brand of cells do you have ?

Last edited:
Hello I'm new to this. I was wondering if I can get the plans for your battery tester also. I'm just getting started and was trying to figure out how to test used batteries. This seem to be the way to go, where I can test more than 1 battery at a time..

thanks in advance for all your help

Hello I'm new to this. I was wondering if I can get the plans for your battery tester also. I'm just getting started and was trying to figure out how to test used batteries. This seem to be the way to go, where I can test more than 1 battery at a time..

thanks in advance for all your help
What size of cells are you trying to test? and what are the nominal voltages?

i just order some modems batteries and was trying to get setup to start testing the batteries i will be recovering....
so i believe they will be 3.6v 18650 batteries 2200mAh.

no...but i been researching it since a read your post...

any help on what all i will need will be greatly appreciated...

when I was into 18650's I bought 4 liitokala's. people also like the opus. It would check 16 batts at 1 amp (changeable) in 5-8 hours. it also did a rough IR.

Back