diy solar

diy solar

Thermal cam, best purchase I've ever made....

Obviously you have no idea what Transpired. Biden was not even in power at the time, this was during Trumps tenor and even then it has nothing to do with him or the Government.
Did you not bother reading far enough into my post where I stated "and other scum" before you felt the need to disparage my level of knowledge on various topics?

Did you not bother reading far enough into my post where I stated "and other scum" before you felt the need to disparage my level of knowledge on various topics?
Yes I did and I don't know how politics/politicians are involved in this situation. I am not sure why you felt a need to inject the Government into a deal between two companies.

Yes I did and I don't know how politics/politicians are involved in this situation. I am not sure why you felt a need to inject the Government into a deal between two companies.
Because what restricts/limits increased quality in these devices (like frame rates) on FLIR (all thermal) is that the devices are considered defense technology and are restricted by the govt, you were not aware of that?

Exporting thermal cameras, infrared cameras, or infrared sensors to certain countries may be restricted by the United States Government’s thermal camera export restrictions and many fall under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All ITAR items are designated by the U.S. Department of State. Does that help you understand the relationship between the devices and the govt?

Because what restricts/limits increased quality in these devices (like frame rates) on FLIR (all thermal) is that the devices are considered defense technology and are restricted by the govt, you were not aware of that?

Exporting thermal cameras, infrared cameras, or infrared sensors to certain countries may be restricted by the United States Government’s thermal camera export restrictions and many fall under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All ITAR items are designated by the U.S. Department of State. Does that help you understand the relationship between the devices and the govt?

I think you need to read your own link.

"Thermal imaging cameras with 640 x 512 pixel resolution and up can be purchased by any country except U.S. Embargoed countries such as North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, etc as long as the frame rate is slowed to 9 Hz."

The Fir sensors supplied to DJI where exactly 640 x 512
The cameras that DJI was buying and then manufacturing was under a deal with Flir.
DJI partners With Flir

So it is pretty obvious that China does not fall under any North Korean or Iran level embargo.
Also these are not Military grade Senors anyway.

That deal was in 2018 and it was only about two years later that reasonable quality consumer level Thermal cameras made in China started to pop up in the market. I was told DJI severed links with Flir and started to make their own cameras using Flirs IP combined with their own Zenmuse tech. From there it spread to other companies in China.

There is nothing new about this Scenario, it's always corporate greed for more revenue that leads to this.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned FLIR Breach can be remote monitored with its bluetooth. Interestin...how? I looked around online and couldn't find any hits for "Flir Breach bluetooth app", etc, and the manual also doesn't say anything about an app.
All i can find is a Flir wifi app, and the Breach doesn't have Wifi.

Back