diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Rich Solar RS-H6548 vs. Sun Gold Power 6500-48-120 vs. MPP Lv6548

Solarkid

Hello All,

I have been heavily researching all matters pertaining to hybrid inverter off-grid system and have come to the conclusion that I like the simplicity of the MPP LV6548. I am still not sure if I am going to go through with the build due to the high up front cost and the limited space I will be able to place my panels. That being said I am still trying to determine my avenues for purchasing for availability and cost calculations.

I have seen that Watts247 is no longer taking pre-orders and I am on a waitlist. I have reached out to see if I am on on the current shipment waitlist for the ones that they state "Ships Mid March". So I am not sure about that however I did find that Rich Solar and Sun Gold Power have nearly identical units from what I can tell and the System Manuals are nearly identical from page to page. I searched for reviews of either of them and cannot find anything on anyone reviewing the Rich solar RS-H6548 and/or the SunGoldPower 6500-48-120 models. Has anyone had experience or know if these are knock offs?

I know Will has reviewed some of the Rich Solars solar panels and some people and reviews of other SunGoldPower Inverters but that is no indication on the quality of the 6548 version inverters. Any thoughts?

I too, would like to know. I'm ready to pick up an LV6548 but if course cannot find it anywhere in stock!

Want one today/now basically, but I don't want to wind up with a crappy knock off. Also won't accept being crazily gouged either.

So I wonder, are the models you've listed (which I too have found) any good? Or are they crap knock offs?

Another nearly identical inverter to the 6548 is the PHOCOS PSW-H 6.5KW

Attachments

• 0F22E260-AC5B-499C-800C-F86DAC804EDE.jpeg
    0F22E260-AC5B-499C-800C-F86DAC804EDE.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 10
Just got my Sungoldpower 6548 and internally it looks exactly like the one in Wills video so it seems it's same as the MPP, just blue.

I can admit I am no longer personally curious about this, as I have been able to locate, order, and receive my "authentic" LV6548...

I must say, this is probably like many other products (such as televisions). There are many 'electronics' that are made/built in the same place but wind up carrying different labels on them (such as Samsung, Sony, ETC). You can find many various models of different things out there like this. I presume with how much these look the same, they may very well actually be the same, possibly even produced in the same exact "plant"... The main difference is going to be "customer service" and "warranty" I presume (just like certain other products, like TV's, you're going to pay more for a "brand name", but also get that brand name "warranty" with it. As where if you buy the "knock off" or the "generic" or the "lower end brand name" - it may not carry as good of a warranty - etc)...

So while I didn't analyze the warranty or warranty claims of these "knock offs", I'd presume they may very well be "safe" to order, if you accept their warranty or warranty claims. Just do not forget that unless you're ordering from WITHIN the US, places like China or Japan or Taiwan do NOT have the same consumer protections that we enjoy here in the USA. So they can also (likely) make false claims that you have to bear in mind when contemplating an order..!

That being said, best of luck finding your LV6548 everyone! You just have to stay vigilant (I found mine)..!

@Sparc343 the logical thing to do after a post like that is to provide the link to the website where u got the LV6548. Dont u think?

I would have done so without provocation had I not literally ordered the last ONE they had in stock :(

Sorry...

But in the event you still would like to know, I got mine from SanTan Solar ;)

I can admit I am no longer personally curious about this, as I have been able to locate, order, and receive my "authentic" LV6548...

I must say, this is probably like many other products (such as televisions). There are many 'electronics' that are made/built in the same place but wind up carrying different labels on them (such as Samsung, Sony, ETC). You can find many various models of different things out there like this. I presume with how much these look the same, they may very well actually be the same, possibly even produced in the same exact "plant"... The main difference is going to be "customer service" and "warranty" I presume (just like certain other products, like TV's, you're going to pay more for a "brand name", but also get that brand name "warranty" with it. As where if you buy the "knock off" or the "generic" or the "lower end brand name" - it may not carry as good of a warranty - etc)...

So while I didn't analyze the warranty or warranty claims of these "knock offs", I'd presume they may very well be "safe" to order, if you accept their warranty or warranty claims. Just do not forget that unless you're ordering from WITHIN the US, places like China or Japan or Taiwan do NOT have the same consumer protections that we enjoy here in the USA. So they can also (likely) make false claims that you have to bear in mind when contemplating an order..!

That being said, best of luck finding your LV6548 everyone! You just have to stay vigilant (I found mine)..!
the sungoldpower and mppsolar units are exactly the same. I have a sungoldpower sp6548 in splitphase with mpp solar lv6548

Back