diy solar

diy solar

Should I be upset? Negative Rich Solar warranty experience.

SomethingElse

Rays of sunshine are a terrible thing to waste!
I purchased my RS-H6548 10-17-23. I finally got it installed up about 2 weeks ago. The inverter was making a high pitch squealing sound. I thought this was normal at first, but after tinkering with the settings I found the RGB strip was the source as it went away when turned off. At this point the light does not work at all. I could not find much info on this via the web. So I contacted Rich solar on the 17th. After a few automated emails, and no human response, I contacted them again Monday. Finally got a human! Sent them a video of me switching it on and off and they confirmed it needs to be sent back to diag/repair. My problem is they want me to pay to ship it back. The inverter was defective out of the box, yet I am expected to spend and additional $180 on top of my purchase? Is this normal?

2 part issue imo.
For myself personally, unless it’s from one of the pioneers in the industry or one that is currently selling millions of popular devices (eg4, solark) I simply don’t count on the warranty doing anything for me. I also wouldn’t warranty claim an inverter if accent lights didn’t work
That being said, it doesn’t function as advertised and didn’t from out of the box. Idk what others would think but the moment company’s don’t want to play nice I just file a chargeback and they can argue with the bank about warranty details. Don’t play games and there’s no problem.

I know I am leaning on the picky side, for as much as I paid for it I expect it to work though. Dealing with them has been nothing but unpleasant for me. Not ever buying from them again.
unless it’s from one of the pioneers in the industry or one that is currently selling millions of popular devices (eg4, solark) I simply don’t count on the warranty doing anything for me.
That is good advice, learning is expensive. :cautious:

@SomethingElse, I wasn’t meaning to slight your choice or sound overly critical. It doesn’t work as advertised. That’s a failure. It’s okay to be picky with your funds and what they purchase!

Last edited:
Yep, be upset, i am. I'm in the same boat. Why should we, the customer, pay for returns ? Unacceptable.

I purchased my RS-H6548 10-17-23. I finally got it installed up about 2 weeks ago. The inverter was making a high pitch squealing sound. I thought this was normal at first, but after tinkering with the settings I found the RGB strip was the source as it went away when turned off. At this point the light does not work at all. I could not find much info on this via the web. So I contacted Rich solar on the 17th. After a few automated emails, and no human response, I contacted them again Monday. Finally got a human! Sent them a video of me switching it on and off and they confirmed it needs to be sent back to diag/repair. My problem is they want me to pay to ship it back. The inverter was defective out of the box, yet I am expected to spend and additional $180 on top of my purchase? Is this normal?

lets see...

Budget Vendor
Budget Product
Budget Service

I don't see the problem?

Perhaps if you bought say a Victron inverter from current connected your experience would have been different.

lets see...

Budget Vendor
Budget Product
Budget Service

I don't see the problem?

Perhaps if you bought say a Victron inverter from current connected your experience would have been different.
Lets see,

Creator of this forum recommends the brand
Exact same model sold for years by at least three vendors
Good google rating (which I can assume they bought)

I believe if I purchased any other brand my experience would have been different. Appreciate your feedback though!

As previously mentioned, file a chargeback. That'll get their attention.
and yeah...you have every right to be upset.

Back