diy solar

diy solar

Threads going Off Topic & Other Forum issues

Well, sadly, it seems to be a really good time to leave the forum. I have watched one specific user berate and belittle mods, and though I continue to report those transgressions, that member is still here. He should have been banned after strike three yet he has not been. I choose to not be a member of a forum that allows that kind of behavior.

The latest from him included a post to a mod that called that mod, and I am quoting directly (I'd cut and paste if I could find it),$#$#%@@%^^ THAT should have been the last straw, yet he is still listed as a forum user.

For all the talk about rules and such, THAT behavior is condoned? He should have been tossed IMMEDIATELY for that kind of atrocious comment.

I am going to leave this up a short time so it can be seen by some of you and close my account later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick around, don't retreat, the world is a better place with your contribution.

Stick around, don't retreat, the world is a better place with your contribution.

Not unless that guy who uses that kind of language in public is banned. Particularly against mods who donate their time. That kind of immaturity shouldn't be tolerated.

They are gonna have to make that decision. You've said your piece, don't take it personal or be so easily offended, besides, you have to entertain me, winter's coming and I need someone shoot the breeze with every now an again, I'm tired if people watching at the mall. Well, not really. ..

I've been using forums for a long time. I agree to let a thread wander unless the OP speaks up. Beginners don't always know what they want.
The same question doesn't always mean the OP didn't look, sometimes they find a few but think it's not close to their situation.
I like to say the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
Mods should step in before fists fly and ban people as required and spam. And PM a suggestion here or there.
I don't like bad titles, but mods could let people know.
The only forum I quit was one where the regulars would post conversation in the newest thread to newest thread. Because they knew each other well and lived on the forum, they could follow what was going on. No one else could and it really muddied the waters.
The more friendly and helpful a forum is, the more it grows to be friendly and helpful. But if people feel above or tired of beginners, it gets more technical and smaller. And smaller. Till it's a couple of people or dormant.

Not unless that guy who uses that kind of language in public is banned. Particularly against mods who donate their time. That kind of immaturity shouldn't be tolerated.
Best way to handle these situations is report and wait.
We volunteers arent on all the time, and it takes time to clean up messes.

Posting that a specific member is rotten is against the rules as well.

Best to state the behavior is rotten, or the post is rotten, not that the member is rotten. Posting anything towards a member is not allowed.

Posting that posted content is horrible is, but a report is better.

Remember... mods only see posts if they read that thread. We ALL see EVERY report.

If someone is posting g bad content, reporting is better than starting a conversation that fuels the mess.

Thanks!

Back