diy solar

diy solar

Three Epever Questions

DenverGuy

I have a 30A Epever MPPT controller that I have just installed, and I can't figure out three things. I should mention that there is no load. The
controller output is only connected to the battery bank.

1. How do I know when the battery charging has stopped? Does the moving arrow between the PV and battery stop moving?
1649088035834.png

2. Sometimes I see an arrow also moving between the battery and the lightbulb even though there is no load. Right now it's not. Very strange!

3. I am seeing this odd screen. I couldn't find the explanation on the manual. Any idea of that it means? "LOAD 2 N." Thanks.
1649088269010.png

One of the buttons on the front toggles through a several screens. One of them shows the amps going into the battery. When the sun is shining and that is at zero or almost at zero, you are not charging. That "odd" screen is one of the normal screens as I recall.

I have a 30A Epever MPPT controller that I have just installed, and I can't figure out three things. I should mention that there is no load. The
controller output is only connected to the battery bank.

1. How do I know when the battery charging has stopped? Does the moving arrow between the PV and battery stop moving?
View attachment 89879

Both the PV input and the Battery amp value will be zero. That means no more current is flowing.

2. Sometimes I see an arrow also moving between the battery and the lightbulb even though there is no load. Right now it's not. Very strange!

Most people don't use the load terminals - just shut it off, manually, with with the controller buttons or the app.

3. I am seeing this odd screen. I couldn't find the explanation on the manual. Any idea of that it means? "LOAD 2 N." Thanks.
View attachment 89880

That's the load setting value in the controller. I forget what that one is exactly, but you can look it up in the manual. Most use the setting with no timer, for manual on and off of the load terminals.
The controller will turn on the load when it is powered on. But I think if you set it in the program to be manual and default off, it will stay off. I don't think mine turns on anymore now.

Both the PV input and the Battery amp value will be zero. That means no more current is flowing.

Most people don't use the load terminals - just shut it off, manually, with with the controller buttons or the app.

That's the load setting value in the controller. I forget what that one is exactly, but you can look it up in the manual. Most use the setting with no timer, for manual on and off of the load terminals.
The controller will turn on the load when it is powered on. But I think if you set it in the program to be manual and default off, it will stay off. I don't think mine turns on anymore now.
Thanks! I checked and it was turned off (set to 100) It's interesting that I was getting that >>> between the battery and the light bulbulb.

Last edited:
Thanks! I checked and it was turned off (set to 100) It's interesting that I was getting that >>> between the battery and the light bulb.
It will try to 'feed' the load terminals if it's turned on. You don't have anything connected to them, right?

It's chinese....translation doesn't always come thru clearly. LOL

I hear that! Nothing connected and it has been turned off since installation.

As the AN30 sets idle/charging, it will continually rotate through screens displaying status. That screen / status is the load program; it can ‘accumulate’ the watts passed and show the amps while load terminals are being used. You can rotate through the screens by pressing the left button.
an arrow also moving between the battery and the lightbulb
That’s because you pressed the right hand side menu button on the right side which is what switches the load terminals.
How do I know when the battery charging has stopped? Does the moving arrow between the PV and battery stop moving?
1649088035834.png
When the battery symbol shows as above, battery is at or above nominal voltage as set. You are 19V so assume that’s panel voltage.

Back