diy solar

diy solar

is my new ep/ever controller done for?

got up this morning same reading. I bought this controller from wills review but I think I will junk it and move to another brand with the bifacial panels i really need 80 amp controller. any suggestions?

Victron from a vendor on here.

should I give epever another chance ?

No definitely not.

I have owned several Epevers over the last couple of years and then changed them out for Victron SCCs. All my problems went away and I wish I had gone with Victron from the start. Don't waste any more money or time with Epevers.

If budget is tight even just go with a smaller Victron SCC like a 150/60 or 150/45 as they can be overpanelled very happily.

I would try a factory reset to default settings along with unplugging the Mt50 and checking the actual outputs before condemning the unit.

I have the same BN series controller and it's been running nonstop for 2.5yrs. Granted it's only got 700w of shaded pannels on it. but if I was to buy another I would spend the extra $40-50 for a victron version.

today the new 100a controller is here the epever is fried and the response I got from tech support was a 4 page electrical engineers form to fill out lol I could barely read it let alone fill it out there was no reason with all of the safety features ( h/c temp- over charge/undercharge- hot disconnect- over charge disconnect ect on it goes) it should have not failed and I get 4 page report to fill out in place of support. what I am learning is you might as well buy 2 cheap ones for the same price as the so called good ones and get 2 times the power anyway I got the 100 a controller for the same price as the 40a epever if it works I will post the brand name

Back