diy solar

diy solar

Out Back FX Inverter - Green Light blinking

BillT

I have a Out Back FX series inverter / charger with two Flex max charge controller. The inverter has a master and a slave and each has a seperate charge controller. All of a sudden the master has a green light blinking. There is no sun today so the lights are yellow and blinking green when they usually would be solid green or red when power is shut down. This green blinking light is for the inverter status. I am a semi novice. Any help would be appreciated. I am off grid and have had this system for ten years with no problem.

I don't knpw how to delete this thread.
I found out that the blinking green light indicates that the inverter is searching for an AC load. Due to the weather I was running the house on a solar generator therefore no load for the out back system. I have had this system for ten years and this is the first time this has happened... The sun came out and I turned everything on and the light has stopped blinking. Thank You

Last edited:
I have a Out Back FX series inverter / charger with two Flex max charge controller. The inverter has a master and a slave and each has a seperate charge controller. All of a sudden the master has a green light blinking. There is no sun today so the lights are yellow and blinking green when they usually would be solid green or red when power is shut down. This green blinking light is for the inverter status. I am a semi novice. Any help would be appreciated. I am off grid and have had this system for ten years with no problem.
Blinking green on the inverter is search mode or slave power.

From your post, its not clear if you have 1 or 2 inverters?

Do you have the Hub controller?

Blinking green on the inverter is search mode or slave power.

From your post, its not clear if you have 1 or 2 inverters?

Do you have the Hub controller?
I have 2 inverters..a master and a slave.
Only the master was blinking green
I dont know what a Hub controller is. I have a two FLEXmax 80 charge controllers.

Thanks

I have 2 inverters..a master and a slave.
Only the master was blinking green
I dont know what a Hub controller is. I have a two FLEXmax 80 charge controllers.

Thanks
Ok, i was under the impression that the Hub controller was required for 2 inverters to configure.

See attached from legacy FX manual. Says the same for the new FXR series.

Screenshot_20240325_215453.jpg

Search mode, not sure why it went off when the sun came out. Maybe it switches to that to save power when battery is low. I think my SI may do that.

Try checking voltage next time it blinks. If off, plug in load and wait, maybe it wakes up.

Consider enabling that mode so it always snoozes when no load, that should last longer during periods of little sun.

Search mode, not sure why it went off when the sun came out. Maybe it switches to that to save power when battery is low. I think my SI may do that.

Try checking voltage next time it blinks. If off, plug in load and wait, maybe it wakes up.

Consider enabling that mode so it always snoozes when no load, that should last longer during periods of little sun.
I discovered that applying a AC load wakes it up and the light goes solid. Thanks

Back