diy solar

diy solar

Tigo RSS Transmitter & TS4-A-F not communicating

Antares14943

I'm troubleshooting my installation and I can't figure out what's wrong. I have boiled down the problem to a single panel, a single TS4-A-F, and the RSS Transmitter. I've followed the installation instructions the best I can and I'm stumped.

I've made a pair of videos which I've sent to Tigo Support. They are stumped and I'm escalating the quickest I can but if somebody else has any ideas I would be very grateful!

- One Panel, One TS4-A-F. I get 0.6V.

- Tigo support told me that a single panel and a single panel isn't supported. (I argued with them and lost, they would not troubleshoot further until I did this step.). They insisted I attach a full string of panels and that it must be attached to the inverter. Now I have 3x TS4s, so the voltage comes to 1.8V as each Tigo outputs 0.6V in the "off" or "safety" mode.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Tigo support asked if I had two cores so I tried using each core independently and then both at the same time.

- Other Core
- Both cores

I figured it out. The Sol-Ark has a PV Disconnect on/off switch and turning the disconnect to off doesn’t work. English is hard.

FYI you can get one Tigo module and one PV panel to turn on just fine. You can even do it without an inverter. Take both unterminated + and - wires from a single panel and clip the multimeter probes on. It will read 0.6V. Then touch the + and - wire for a few seconds and the multimeter will change from the 0.6V to 42V.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

I figure capacitor (e.g. input of inverter) completes the circuit to allow AC (modulated signal from transmitter) current flow.

OP found only one RSD didn't turn on?
Perhaps last in the string, farthest from transmitter, so least parasitic capacitance to ground?

I haven't used these yet but have them on hand for a future setup.

The problem isn't the number in series, it's that the inverter connection was set to off, hence open circuit.

I can confirm that a single TS4-A-2F will function. It connects to two panels, but still outputs 0.6 volts when off.

Back