diy solar

diy solar

Tigo TS4-A-F added, now Schneider MPPTs don't track Pmax

dderkacs

Working towards getting code compliant...I recently added Tigo rapid shutdown modules to my existing array and now my Schneider MPPTs no longer track Pmax and drop down to the lowest operating voltage allowable by the MPPT (192V for the MPPT100 and 56V for the MPPT60). I have an "escalated" case ongoing with Schneider but I'm interested if anyone has experienced such an anomaly? I noticed it first on the MPPT60, then it started tracking well for a few days. Now both MPPTs are not tracking. And yes, the system worked flawlessly prior to adding the Tigos and the Disconnect RS unit.

Fortunately the MPPTs can be set to operate at a fixed voltage so I'm able to capture very near maximum power throughout the day (at most 1-2% loss between 10am-4pm) with just a single voltage setting (most loss in low light levels). But winter shading is coming and I'd like to have MPPTs that actually track max power!

I posted some videos that Schneider requested detailing the issue and wiring.

I watched your videos the other day which are awesome by the way. Love the Victron Tesla charger. Anyway, I didn’t see the Conext 100 SCC in the list of supported RS devices, only the lesser versions. Wonder if that may something to do with it.

Edit: didn’t fully read that the 60 which is a supported SCC is having the same issue.

Back